cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Flex entity within UIBB with Reuse Entity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are working in an MDGM 7.0 implementation and we came across the next requirement:

We are trying to embed more than one entity in one UIBB.

The UIBB General Data holds the Reuse entity Material and the target is to embed a flex entity within the same UIBB.

The UIBB General Data has been enhanced with the Group: Custom General Data.

Custom General Data holds the flex attribute Char20.

This has been achieved by enhancing the method GET_DEFINITION to include the custom field in the Field Catalogue.

When running the operation Create Material, the method GET_DEFINITION is run and afterwards the method GET_DATA is run as well.

The method GET_DATA is dumping. Do I have to enhance this method as well?

If this is not achievable and I need to create a separate UIBB for the custom flex entity could you please anyone give me a hint on how to save the custom entity’s attribute in the staging area?

I have generated the structures and the table for the staging area and I guess the mapping is not required for the flex entity. Do I have to save manually the data in the generated table using the method of the feeder class?

Thank you very much.

Javi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Javi

For reuse entities, you can either assign one entity or the reuse backend table (MARC, ...) to a UIBB. Assigning multiple entities, mixing flex and reuse, to one UIBB is not possible.

For extending the model with a flex entity, please check the guides in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858#section2 - especially the UI guide http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30192 . SMT mapping is not necessary. Hint: To check whether it's a UI issue or whether the definition of the flex entity itself has an issue, you could write a test report using the Convenience API and check the staging area.

Regards, Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo and thank you for your quick response.

After doing the suggested steps i came across that the data entered in the custom field is vanished when submitting the CR.

should i save the data manually in the staging area table using Flush method?

or is data saved automatically in the staging area table?

or is it more an issue with the wiring?

Really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Javi

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry Javi, never heard of such an issue.

If you enhance the data model with a flex entity and put this on an own UIBB, this usually works / stores the data correctly in staging.

Regards, Ingo