Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE71 - How to find the program where the variable is populated on SE71

lferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a form on SE71 and would like to find the program or enhancement where this variable is populated.

The Where-Used-List Button indicates me the program SAPLMEDRUCK, but I do not find the variable.

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank all of you for the tips!

I already know the program that calls the form. The program is SAPLMEDRUCK.

This is an Standard Program from SAP calling the Z form.

The variable is also an Z. I am not finding where the variable is "populated".

I did a search in all program and includes, but probally the variable is populated in an enhancement session which I do not know where is it.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In Program SAPLMEDRUCK , look for  Function Module OPEN_FORM. This FM calls the script form

You can find the driver program or form name from  table TNAPR.

Regards

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the zprogram where the variable values are populated by using the below.

Goto SE71 give script name and disply. Then choose Utilities--> Form Info from the menu bar.

Then using Find  search with the name 'Include' there u can find the Zprogram which they have used for populating values to variables.

Regards,

Ramesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

just one more way that can e used if the form output is done online (i.e. in SD it may be configured as "immeditate" form creation, then the form is created in background).

1 - acticate Sapscript debugger in SE71

2 - start form creation, sapscript debugger will pop up

3 - enter /h to enter abap debugging

4 - display call herarchy. Here you can see the program that triggers the form

It may be good to continue in sapscript debugger until a (specific) text element is processed.Abap debugger call hierarchy will show you where function WRITE_FORM is called. This will be the printer driver program.

Regards,

Clemens

lferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank all of you for the tips!

I already know the program that calls the form. The program is SAPLMEDRUCK.

This is an Standard Program from SAP calling the Z form.

The variable is also an Z. I am not finding where the variable is "populated".

I did a search in all program and includes, but probally the variable is populated in an enhancement session which I do not know where is it.

Thanks!

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can

- set a watchpoint on the variable in initialization event of SAPLMEDRUCK (You did not mention if you found the declaration and where-used-list of the variable)

- use transaction code_scanner and search all Z packages for the name of the variable. This takes less than a minute even if you have many Z packages. If not successful, check what packages in customer namespace (/*) may be involved.

- Set a breakpoint at function module CONTROL_FORM. This may be used to execute a sapscript command in your current form like DEFINE &ZVAR& = <value>.

- Use Tools - Form Info in SE71, check all PERFORM statements, search for ZVAR.

Good luck and regards,

Clemens