cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workitem is not automatically Referesh in UWL.

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Workitem is not automatically Referesh in UWL.

Portal Version is 7.3.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums

With reference to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

- Workitem is not automatically refreshed in the UWL (Version 7.3).

Could you kindly provide some clarification on what workitems types you are referring to here?

- Are they completed worktiems or workitems in general i.e. when you logon firstly and the UWL loads.

Now in relation to the scenario that you have described with the Universal Worklist and Refresh operation there is some important points to highlight. The UWL works using two Pull operations.

Firstly tasks are pulled from the backend into the UWL cache. They are pulled a second time from the cache into the UWL User Interface. Due to this architecture there is an inherent delay in the automatic refreshes of the UWL.

There is no way, in the current architecture that the UWL can refresh instantaneously. This is upon inital load as the cache must be built first upon logon.

In terms of automatic refresh i.e. real-time refresh this is indeed possible for your version.

The the Real-Time-Refresh feature came in for Product Versions of 702 sp2 720/sp2 and higher.

I have outlined a knowledge based article below which I would ask you to kindly analyze. This KBA covers the UWL from a performance perspective and provides an overview of the value setups which are required for optimal performance.

- SAP KBA: 1577547 - UWL Performance Tips and Considerations

Now let us remember that the Real-Time-Refresh (RTR) is ONLY for completed workitems. In order to setup this configuration I have provided you with some help and guidance documnetation for your convenience:

Enabling Real Time Refresh

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/4b/a2d8d534212d1be10000000a42189c/content.htm

Please note that the configuration settings need to be followed carefully as any discrepancies that are maintained in the configuration may cause unexpected and unpredictable behaviour.

So let us remember that the RealTimeRefresh (RTR) mechanism of UWL enables automatic update of the UWL task and alerts list. Thus, when items are set to status "Complete" they are removed from the New and In Progress view in the UWL You can configure UWL to refresh its tasks and alerts list at time period different that the minimum 20 second period. The user does not need to use the refresh function to update the inbox.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cronin,

When I logon firstly into the portal then click on UWL Inbox (UWL loads),We are looking for  completed worktiems or workitems in general.

Kindly help and  provide some  document.

Thanks & Regards,

Sam

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Thanks for the response.

Regarding documentation I've outlined some below for your convenience and cross-reference:

SAP Note: 1286915 - UWL Pre-requisites in the backend system for activation of completed objects.

What is the refresh parameter in the xml file which defines your tabs?  You should have a parameter defined globally which is the page refresh rate (locally - under personalizations) which is usually set to 5 minutes by default (defined in seconds in the xml file, like refresh=300)

- SAP Note: 1886490 - UWL does not show the most up-to-date items after logon

Kind Regards

Follow Troy Cronin

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cronin,

Thanks a lot for you prompt reply, I will check and verify the same and update to you.

Thanks once again  Mr. Cronin.

Regards,

Sam

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Not a problem always happy to help out.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Follow

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cronin,

Thanks  a lots cronin.

Issue has been resolved of logon firstly into the portal then click on UWL Inbox (UWL loads),I am getting updated work item in (21 second) UWL .

But my work item did not removed (automatically from the UWL inbox)  from UWL end after the approved ,it's taking 6 minut.

Kindly help in  this issue.

Thanks,

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member337476
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Were you able to solve this issue. I have the same problem. Once the task is executed, it is not moving from "New and Inprogress" section to "Completed" section. I have done all the steps for refresh of completed items. But still no luck.

Please let me know how did you resolve this issue.

Regards,

Madhu N G

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check Mr. Troy Cronin replyied ans and let me know your finding.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Kindly tell me path of the  refresh interval time .

Regards,

Sam

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Work item did not removed (automatically from the UWL inbox)  from UWL end after the approved ,it's taking 6 minut.

Kindly help in  this issue.

Thanks,

Sam

former_member185507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any one give ans.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sam

Can you provide a screenshot of the parameters that you have configured for the UWL refresh?

Reverting back to what you mentioned earlier you stated the following:

• But my work item did not removed (automatically from the UWL inbox)  from UWL end after the approved ,it's taking 6 minutes.

Refresh of completed items mechanism of UWL enables automatic update of the UWL task list. Thus, items are executed, they are removed from the New and In Progress view in the UWL. You can configure UWL to refresh its tasks list at time period different that the minimum 20 second
period. The user does not need to use the refresh function to update the inbox.

To use the refresh of completed items functionality you need to register the WebFlowConnector with the UWL service after defining a new system connection. The configuration details for the WebFlowConnector are the same as the configuration details for the RFC destination that it connects to.

** The real time refresh is for completed items only. **

How to change the UWL refresh rate for all portal users.

- http://scn.sap.com/thread/1490243

UWL Page Refresh Rate setting
- http://scn.sap.com/thread/2142731

UWL refresh on page load
- http://scn.sap.com/thread/1564782

Customize UWL Refresh option.
- https://scn.sap.com/message/7878848

Kind Regards

Follow Troy Cronin