cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMT CMS login issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to perform migration with Upgrade management tool and after entering the source and target login info about a minute or so and i am getting the following error:

Error : Could not reach CMS 'Server name'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030) What could be the issue?

I telnet port 6400 and its open in Target and Source system.

I tried to search for the error code this is the notes i found from SAP. Everything mentioned in this document seems to be in order and working. I am wandering why i am not able to still login as based on the document below everything works fine. Did someone experience the same issue before? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_error_messages_en.pdf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like a connectivity issue between your source system and your BI 4 system.

You can try the following steps.

First of all ensure that you have a valid license key in the source and all the servers are up and running plus enabled.

1. Add a host file entry on the Source system.

2. Browse to CMC-->Servers-->IFRS and bind the server to hostname. Specify a static port. e.g 6402

3. Repeat the above step for OFRS

4. Make sure that both the ports are open on fire wall.

5. Login into BI 4 server and browse to command line.

6. Execute command "SourceHostname portno". Use the port number specified for IFRS and OFRS.

Telnet might not be installed, might want to take help from your Windows Admin.

The telnet should connect successfully. If this works, you should be able to use UMT successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AtuI, The license keys are all valid and running. How do i check what ports are they set to. I have firewalls opened for port 6400 - 6404.  The Request port in there is something different not in the range 6400 - 6404.  Can that also be a problem? Do i need to change the request ports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sproc Pro, We have same issue with UMT and FWM 20030. Migrating an R2 to R4.1 environment. Network Ops watched the connection and the attempt on 6400 occurs and there is a response from the R2 to reset. Occurs 4 or 5 times then fails with our FWM message after 60 seconds.

Have you made any progress with this?

Walt

0 Kudos

Hi,

the best to deal with firewall issues is the following:

1. On the Source System assign a static port to each of the services. Please note that also the CMS has a request Port beside the standart name port 6400

2. Do the same for the Destination System

3.Take care that these ports are open on all firewalls between the UMT Host, The Source System and the Destination System. Ports have to opend bi- directional in Format TCP.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to add host name and IP adress of both target and source machine in the hosts file

Regards,

Saloua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already, did that.. Still not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sproc,

Please try to check if you are able to login to any other BO app/tool with your credentials and also if feasible with the Administrator id too?

Try to ping BO server from the machine/system you are facing the issue?

If possible please try to check if UMT login works on the BO server machine if its Windows BO install?

Please share the feedback/comments so that we could look into it further.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried everything, I also tried with the CMS name for the same target server as a source. It works fine. But when i try to use the actual source host name is doesn't. I have tried to use IP and all the ports 6400 is open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the source and destination systems host entries are present in the system?

If not try adding them and then see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the host file in destination system and the host entry for source and destination is there. But when I checked the host file in the source system, only the host entry for the source was there, destination host entry was not there in source system. Do we need to add the destination host entry in the source file as well.

Apart from that i also tried to with the IP's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Try adding the same and then check once again.

You can certainly try doing the telnet from your source system to destination system.