Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create number range and assign new product id

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

can anyone tell me the steps to create the number range and assign it to the product id..

and replace existing product id to the new one through program or.. is there any standard program is available to change the product id

thanks

dinesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Agree with Arden, I think there is no number range feature for product IDs. You can have your own number range object and intervals with custom solution on UI to create product IDs sequentially.

I am not sure but have a look at the TCode: COMC_MATERIALID_ALL which may be doing what you need.

You cannot change the product ID once created I think.

You can change the category assignment of the products through the report : COM_PRODUCT_RECATEGORISATION

Check enhancement spot : CRM_PRODIL_EXIT which has got some methods for CREATE and MODIFY Products.

Hope this will be useful.

Regards,

Naresh

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the reply.  My requirement is.  for the CRM stand alone products (Comp Products) need to have a sequential number so as to identify easily..  and in the system they have  currently using some description as product id.. 

I saw the  Transaction COMC_MATERIALID_ALL and i have created an interval with Group..  but i dont understand how to assign it to the product and make it automatically assign when a new product is created..

and can you also tell me how to assign new object family so as to easily identify it.

thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh

Take a look at Transaction: COMM_HIERARCHY

Looks like you can assign a number range to the Product Hierarchy there.

Regards

Arden

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thank you very much,  can you please detail me the steps..

from Creating the subtype and assigning the automatic number range.

thanks

Dinesh

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I figurred it out.. Thanks a lot for the help..

its working fine..

Thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Done Dinesh

Thanking you...I learned something on this one as well

Arden

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you arden..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got another issue.. I created the number range.. and assigned it to MATT_WETT (competitive product)  but when i try to update the existing products with the new product id (using the number range)  i get the error .  Number range invalid.. 

i even changed the length.. but.. its throwing this error..   or.. should i have to use separate category for this.. in that case.. customizing is huge.. i have to create a custom category in ERP then download it and then assign all the configuration for it..

since this product is only to update competitor product.. it will not be replicated to R3.. so got struck..

any help..

thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

For your existing Products you will not be able to change their ID. Only the new ones will be able to make use of the new Number Range you've configured.

This is because the PRODUCT ID you've already assigned is a Key Field on it's master data table.

Knock on effects of changes would be quite significant to your solution.

Regards

Arden

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

hi arden,

thank you very much for the response,  i tried it through program, since this is a standalone product

means.. not going to be replicated.. in Web ui,  we are able to change the product id for the existing,  so tried with a program..

when we call the program with the new id.. (number range ) assigned to MATT_WETT

i get this error.. material not valide..

is there any other solution..

thanks

dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

I'd debug the manual process and see what applications are run which allow for the single renaming option.

Then develop you're own program based on that.

Regards

Arden

former_member228349
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you arden,  Its working fine now..  i have included 2 exceptions now 1.  the product_id is changed and the other is system will allow multiple categories for the same hierarchy.. and its updating properly..

thanks

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh

I'm not sure that any of what you are asking for is a Standard Feature in SAP CRM.

Do you have any documentation indicating this is possible?

Regards

Arden