cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am running SAP ECC6 EHP7 on SAP MAX DB, after intalltion the server is working fine but after few days dispatcher gave the problem and is in the status of request handling without progress. I tired re-starting the server and also the MMC but no luck. i am running this on windows 2008 R2.

I am also attaching DEV_DISP log for your reference. can you please check if yo uare able to help me here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the network settings of IP/DNS entries on your server.

** WARNING => DpNetCheck: NiAddrToHost(1.0.0.0) took 4 seconds

***LOG GZZ=> 1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjust the DNS settings [dpxxtool2.c  5079]

Also you can see before the error started your server was in state starting already:

Sun Mar 29 15:10:26 2015

DpUpdateStatusFileWith: state=YELLOW, reason=Server in state STARTING

Sun Mar 29 15:10:30 2015

DpUpdateStatusFileWith: state=YELLOW, reason=Request handling without progress

*** WARNING => DpRequestProcessingCheck: potential request processing problem detected (1. check) [dpxxwp.c     4377]

What do you see you in your other files i.e. dev_w0 and dev_ms ?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalayan,

any update on the issue if you have solved if not do verify your Hosts files and loopback adapter.

As from the logs seems to be the ip address has been touched in your enviorment.

*** WARNING => DpNetCheck: NiAddrToHost(1.0.0.0) took 4 seconds

***LOG GZZ=> 1 possible network problems detected - check tracefile and adjust the DNS settings [dpxxtool2.c  5079]

Do verify the entries of your hosts file which is located C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc Update with entries simmilar to below once:-

<ip adress> <virtual Name> <FQDN>

Let us know if this helps you.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

It seems there is some problem with the backup in the database and now this is corrected and the server is working fine.

Thanks all the issue is solved.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meyyappan,

Please mark the thread as answered.

Thanks,

Sowmya

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos