cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community users,

There is not a whole lot information on the issues and information i am looking for the Import wizard.

I am planning to do a migration from XI 3.x to 4.x  and wanted to know, if my Source is LDAP authentication and Destination is also set as LDAP Authentication and they are in same domain. Basically same settings in both the servers. Since, i will be importing Users and Groups Is there any other configuration or settings required on source LDAP authentication, before we Import Users and Groups from Source? I couldn't find any information related to migration of LDAP accounts. Kindly share your experience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to migrate from 3.x to 4.x, you will require to use Upgrade Management Tool.

For migrating 3rd party authentication such as AD/LDAP, you can refer to the following link which provides a scenario of migrating in such situations.

Preparing for upgrade - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

-Ambarish-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Thanks for the response. I am little confused here, I am wondering, why can't i use import wizard to export it to BIAR in source system and later import the BIAR file through UMT in target.

Thanks for sharing the link. It does not talk about any LDAP configuration at all. My concern is if i have LDAP setup in both the systems. Do i need to configure/update any other settings in Target system for LDAP authentication.