cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET a members expertise through OData API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellow JAM-Developers,

is there any way to retrieve a members expertise through SAP JAM OData API?

I checked the Docs and could not find such functionalities in the API.

Thanks.

Bes Regards,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Currently there is no API to retrieve the members expertise. We are continuously working on our API and we will take this into account.

Best,

Rüdiger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anton, do you mind sharing the use case for your application. It might help me prioritize the request the more I hear about the types of use cases it could support. You can also share offline in e-mail if it is confidential.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

sure!

I am actually writing my master thesis at University of Mannheim on "Designing a Gamified Project Knowledge Management System". I am building and evaluating a prototype in collaboration with a consulting company that is using JAM. I am building a web application on top of JAM that uses a lot of data through the JAM API.

I am building a couple of features, but I am still in the concept phase. One is a "expert locator". The idea was to provide a structure to identify domain experts (e.g. a consultant that is an expert in SAP AII). So it works vice versa to JAM (person --> expertise) from specific expertise to the person.  But as I cannot consume the expertise through the API, this could be tricky 😕

I am happy to chat with you about details.

Cheers,
Anton