cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consuming RESTFUL in data services 4.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Has anybody consumed RESTFUL webservice in data services 4.2 ?

I am finding issues using it, not sure if WADL file is not in right format (with correct grammar), however I am able to preview it using SOAPUI.

The output format is JSON.

Can somebody provide me the clue or step by step process to consume ?

I will highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please make sure that Data Services started providing support for the Representational State Transfer (REST) web services architecture in the 4.2 version. Also you need to create an Adapter instance in DS Management Console to communicate with the Web Service.

From SoapUI 4.6 or later it is possible to use a REST web service URL to create the physical WADL file

1. From SoapUI menu select File | New REST Project

2. A window titled New REST Project will open. Enter the URL for the REST webservice and click OK

3. This will create a new project. On the left tree view pane right-click the first node under the project name (one with blue hourglass-like icon).

4. Select Export WADL

This WADL file can then be referenced in the Web Service REST datastore to import the metadata.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun, for the reply.

I don't think we need a Adapter instance, as we are only consuming the web services and not publishing them ?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please mark the answer as Answered or Helpful if your issue is resolved

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun

We are having same scenario - invoking webservice REST to download some data into table.

We are not clear on 2 things.

1. test server uses default SSL certificate (not having domain name)

2.how WS Adapter is link with the URL

3. how to import WADL to create data store

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Answer to your questions below

1) If your server URL uses SSL protocol then while creating an adapter instance you need to set the Use SSL Protocol option to True. When set to True, communication between the adapter and the job server/engine uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol

Refer below document

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_adapters_en.pdf

2) For linking WS adapter to the web service URL you need to create an adapter instance in DS Management COnsole under Adapter Node

3) When you create a Web services datastore it will ask for the WADL URL. Refer to Designer guide for web service datastore

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_mgmt_cons_en.pdf

Regards
Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Yes, but how to use fake SSL certificate in DEV environment, usually we did not have SSL actual certificate. I am keep getting error that SSL certificate is not configured. In Internet browser, we can choose to continue this error but in BODS, I do not see this option

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please try with third party certificate generation tools

Www.getacert.com

Other tools are also available

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I am working with big consulting firm, and they are not interested to install any certificate as it is dev server, and asking me to work around with the same as to ignore this certificate.