cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing required parameter: When using a concrete application server, SYSNR needs to be in the set of configuration parameters.

ChristianSass
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get this Error-Message when I try to connect to my BW with AO 2.0

That's what I've found in a log file but I've no clue where I can set the parameter for SAP.Middleware ....

>> Error entry 2015-03-29 17:11:15.200 [Thread 1 (VSTA_Main)]

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConfigurationException: Missing required parameter: When using a concrete application server, SYSNR needs to be in the set of configuration parameters.

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcDestination.CheckConfiguration()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcDestinationManager.GetDestination(String destinationName)

>> Error entry 2015-03-29 17:11:15.200 [Thread 1 (VSTA_Main)]

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidParameterException: Invalid destination

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcSessionManager.EndContext(RfcDestination destination)

>> Error entry 2015-03-29 17:11:35.895 [Thread 1 (VSTA_Main)]

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConfigurationException: Missing required parameter: When using a concrete application server, SYSNR needs to be in the set of configuration parameters.

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcDestination.CheckConfiguration()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcDestinationManager.GetDestination(String destinationName)

>> Error entry 2015-03-29 17:11:35.895 [Thread 1 (VSTA_Main)]

SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcInvalidParameterException: Invalid destination

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcSessionManager.EndContext(RfcDestination destination)

Thx for any hint!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Hi - right now the Analysis Office 2.0 does not work with the SAP Gui 7.40 - please report this to your ramp-up coach; SAP is aware of this issue

A work-around is to log on using your BIP OLAP connection

Tammy

ABner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

We have found it is related to the NWBC client portion of SAP 7.40 Gui.  We have one user who did not install NWBC but has SAP Gui 7.40, and AO 2.0 works for him.  Other users fail with the above error when running AO 2.0 (except thru BIP OLAP).

We are on AO 2.0 patch 2.

Aaron

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Getting the exact same issue for last few days..

Can you please share the steps on how you overcome this issue?

I tried un-installing NWBC, it still doesn't help..

Thanks..

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew Simmonite & Christian Saas,

follow below workaround steps, till we get exact solution

go to path path C:\Users\youruserid\AppData\Roaming\sap\Common

(or from run command %appdata%\sap\Common)

remove the files SAPUILandscape.xml and SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml files(please keep backup in case if it require for future)

This should solve the issue

Subhash

ABner
Participant
0 Kudos

Venkata,

This solution works, however as soon as you run NWBC it puts the files back in that directory and they have to be deleted again before AO will run again.

If you are not planning on using NWBC but just want to keep it installed, it will work.

I also confirmed that if you uninstall NWBC it will not work, you need to delete these two files.

From discussion with SAP support AO 2.0 SP3 to be released first week of May is supposed to resolve this issue.

Aaron

david_zhuwao3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkata,

Your suggested solution worked for me.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jega
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks it worked for me as well, however the issue keeps happening and I have to repeat the steps.

Do we know if there is a more permanent fix for either the GUI 7.4 or Analysis 2.0 ?

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff Gallagher and others,

for this issue i recommend to open SAP incident.

i also got this issue once, but could not reproduce it

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi,According to Tammy Powlas comment above in this thread,SAP is aware of the issue.

Whach out for SP3 for Analysis Edition 2.0. Should have been released early May but I haven't seen any update so far. If that cause any problem, I would recommend to stay at 1.4 until SAP has released a solution.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - SP03 for Analysis Office 2.0 was released today; you should be able to download it today from Service Marketplace

jega
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks.  The rest of the Business are staying on 1.4 for now.  I am just testing 2.0 with a view to rolling it out in the 3rd Qtr of 2015.

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Saas,Jefff Gallagher,

Upgrading NWBC(Net weaver business client ) to version 5.0 Patch level 5(available in SMP) is solved my issue. 
Could you also try that ?  and see issue solved for you also ?

Best Regards,
Subhash