Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixing APO time parameters -Chaotic and jumbled

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When i  start configuring  i could see there is a prevailing confusion in me for a long long  time ,,a messed up perception  regarding time related parameters in both ECC and SCM ,and few other things too ,would you please help out in clearing the confusion once and for all, please correct me if I am wrong in the last column

Time entity

Guess work

Apart from this fields  Where are are the other  places .do I fix?

Planning horizon (ECC)

1. In MD61 screen ,in the just above bottom of screen “from”  to “ to”
  2. In MRP parameters ,SPRO
  3. In plant Parameters

SNP horizon

In SNP2 tab of MAT1

PPDS horizon

In PPDS tab of MATI and also in t code where you fix the model/version 000

Planning period (bucket) for SNP --,I want to fix as  1 week.

No idea

Where to fix it?

Planning period(bucket) for PPDS 6 shifts ie 2 days .Where do I fix this 2.

Guess it is in Create model /version screen   I guess

Where to fix it ?

Time bucket profile

Is there anything like SNP time bucket profile and PPDS time bucket profile ,is it that I need to make a definition in TR32 individually for SNP and PPDS separately just like SNP PPM and PPDS PPM ,

Storage bucket profile

This suggests the longevity of planning results to stay in the system -after the stated time has elapsed  planning datas become defunct,it has no relevance with planning period of SNP or PPDS

How to update the resources in APO,

No idea

SNP horizon ends with beginning of PPDS horizon or the fag end of PPDS horizon

Guess PPDS horizon is a horizon within a horizon

Difference between SNP PPM and PPDS PPM

No idea

Difference between single activity and multi activity resources in RES01

single activity means Single operation in a resource pool.like drilling alone or maching alone

multi mixed means Multiple operation in a resource pool like both drilling and maching

please clear my messed up perception..

thanks

OHIO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think that you should made one question at the time. I don't think that someone has the time to reply to all this questions in one shot!

Reply to your questions is like to teach you the equivalent of two SAP APO courses in one page of the forum!

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Marius

I got a point to make--- it could be crazy but it carries some sense

here goes the logic-we all start with zero (birth )  and we end with zero (death),all these  life activities like SAP are drama going on in between birth and death---- so as , work,family SAP,and SAP issues ,also SDN queries  are part of the drama,so why take it too seriously to impose constraints  and boundaries to your answers,withholding it  ,when the end goal is going to be zero

So Marius it is nice to be a fee bird, like a gushing natural stream,free flowing river -

you know ,freedom is an ultimate gift of God to mankind,so why restrict the freedom of your SAP answers ,which you very well know

So Marius shed your inhibitions in your answers i   would be happy if you can dissipate all what you know,on my SAP,questions,that way the world we live in will become a heaven.

All my shakespearean philosophies and my perception on SAP work should not be  misconstrued as if  i am desperate for answers  from you.

it is just that am a bit of lazy ,

i guess we can move on in groups with an animal bonding like elephants,tiger,and lion supporting and protecting each other, or group of birds flying in unison searching for food and sharing them THAN as a human beings without adequate bonding ,Hope you got my point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul - I just suggested you a way to have more easy replies to your answers!

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

As my EE professor once said, after you graduate, someone is going to pay you for answers. They will not pay you for whimsical thoughts. You have a great deal to learn. SCN is not the place to do that.

Use help.sap.com and learn.

I continue to learn every day. Much of it is on my own time.

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

...freedom is an ultimate gift...to mankind....

Your observations about freedom are insightful. I too believe that personal freedom is one of the most valuable commodities one can possess.

For instance, I am greatly pleased that I am free to decide which forum questions I will answer, and which I will ignore.

Here are a few of the factors that help me to determine which forum questions I choose to spend my time on:

1.  How well my answer will fit into the limited space of a forum post.  To achieve this, my answers will generally deal with a single topic.  I try to avoid answers to a post that contains multiple questions; since such answers end up having a bulbous and tedious feel.

2.  How unique my answer would be.  For instance, I would not opt to post an answer to a question if I thought that it had been asked and answered multiple times before.

3.  How well my answer might contribute to the body of knowledge.  I tend to ask myself 'what can I say that has not already been said in standard references, like help.sap.com or service.sap.com'?.

4.  How much value the answer might create for the questioner.  For instance, I would be more likely to answer questions posted by someone who was actually in need, as opposed to someone who thought this whole forum was just a game to be used to fritter away idle time.

Freedom Forever! & Best Regards

DB49

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

For instance, I would be more likely to answer questions posted by someone who was actually in need, as opposed to ""someone who thought this whole forum was just a game to be used to fritter away idle time.""

DB  on an average I am getting 3 calls per day   requesting to work in APO from big names,i am not trying to eulogise you and your special skills in APO  ,but it is fact all these good things are happening because of you and my other friend maclean,I had been sincerely following both of you advice

While as novice your suggestions and ,advice i took it seriously and worked on it ,and it is working towards my favor now.you will not believe me some clients are pleading with air tickets asking to come over there to client site and set right the APO turbulence and make it smooth.

I am not Intelligent but I do have common sense ,and you SDN SAP guys are intelligent and have APO sense;  so with my common sense and your APO sense we can make wonders .

i still remember  some years back kirkwood made a point blank -sharp talk- advising me " leave your egos at the door and start doing your homework "  i took it seriously and am comfortable working with APO now despite being a non -expert-,

may be i am a  bit playful in this forum making quirky comments,(in your parlance  you call it as 'game' rite)

but DB have you seen me being playful or gamy with you  or maclean.,?? sometimes while on "uppers"  like caffeine i do play some game on this forum --agreed -but even at that point I will be careful not to game with serious professionals  maclean or DB, not out of fear but i have this likeness for people with substance ,sans human pettiness

so the moral of  the story is " Together we can make wonders ,Individually we make blunders"

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Thas rite  mike ,point taken - I wish i cut short on short cuts while learning , and do some serious learning .,I am used to listening to repeated anecdote  from my friend -an  uneducated lathe operator-,who often tells me " No education  No confusion"

So I am asking to myself to whom should i listen to -Mike  or  the uneducated lathe operator"

clearly my vote is for mike kirkwood .I am going to get educated by myself than on borrowed education

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

It is wonderful that you have many clients requesting that you work for them. Yes, "together we can make wonders" but first you need to develop the skills and knowledge that you can bring to the partnership. No one is going to do it for you.

I am serious in my comments. Learn. I suspect that you haven't yet established a "framework" in your mind as to how planning works. If you take the time to do that then as your skills improve you will begin to understand the nuances of the macro and micro settings of APO. APO is just 1 system available to do planning. There are many other commercial packages available. But the basic principles are the same.

Understand the principles behind planning first. Develop the mental framework. Then, as you learn the settings and capabilities in APO, they will make sense. SAP help will make sense and enable you to do your homework. SDN will then become a very valuable tool. Learn.

I am not being condescending. Having the opportunity to learn is a gift. Use it well.

Also, don't sell yourself short. Everybody starts at the beginning.

Mike

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks mike have taken cognizance of your inputs

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Can we just stop responses to this? It is insulting to SCN to have these type of stuff. As DB and Mike has pointed out this is not a place for either learning APO from scratch or to showcase one's knowledge of bombastic words.

SCN should be used for what it was set up for.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

It's clear that some errors exist in ST22. What about to delete the logs, run consistency check OM17, fix the issues and re-run the heuristic again! 

Is it posible to delete this thread and re-start another one from scratch?

Thank you, Marius

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

yup deleted marius