SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any function module to update/change sessional registration data (HRP1771) including customer include fields?

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings,

As we do all know, SAP allows us to add custom fields (via CI - Customer Includes) to some of its standart database tables (For instance HRPAD530, HRP1771 etc). And most of operational function modules (especially update/change ones) include these customer fields that have been added to customer include of the related standart tables.

For example, HRPAD530 has got customer include (CI_PAD530). And the fields you add there also show up in function modules related to application/admission. You can check import structure ( IS_STADM) for the function module HRIQ_STUDENT_ADMIS_CHANGE_DB.

However when it comes to infotype 1771 (HRP1771), though it has also got customer include (CI_P1771), the fields you add there don't show up in any function modules related to sessional registration. I checked the module HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB for this purpose, but its import structure  (IS_STREGPER) doesn't contain any custom fields (the fields in CI_P1771).at all.

What can I do if I want to update my custom fields in HRP1771? I'd rather do it with a standart function module just like for admission, as I'm worried that any manuel modification may lead to data corruption on tables. Considering HRP1771 is one of prominent tables in SAP SLcM, it's much better to handle changes with a standart module.

Do you have any function module that's capable of this or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan;

With the support of my collegian from IMS support team (Naveen R) we observed that in the FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB, there is internal table ‘lt_1771’ which refers to the structure ‘P1771’ which has a customer include for 1771.

The FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REGIST_GET_INTERN is called (@ line 146) further to fill this internal table ‘lt_1771’. Later there is a subroutine call ‘perform update_infty1771’ (@line 381) which is used to update to another internal table ‘lt_p1771_upd’ which is later updated to database table in the same FM .

Can you check again (saw you already investigated this...) the FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB to see if you can can add your enhancements to update the custom fields of the custom include for 1771?

Best regards

Rob/Naveen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hakan,

Did you try FMs like:

HRIQ_STUDENT_ADMIS_ACTIVATE_DB or HRIQ_STUDENT_ADMIS_DELETE_DB. I think these FMs can be used for modifying admission records.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I already know them.

My question was about the sessional registration data (infotype 1771 - table: HRP1771). I'm looking for functional modules for it as the topic states.

Thanks though

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan;

With the support of my collegian from IMS support team (Naveen R) we observed that in the FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB, there is internal table ‘lt_1771’ which refers to the structure ‘P1771’ which has a customer include for 1771.

The FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REGIST_GET_INTERN is called (@ line 146) further to fill this internal table ‘lt_1771’. Later there is a subroutine call ‘perform update_infty1771’ (@line 381) which is used to update to another internal table ‘lt_p1771_upd’ which is later updated to database table in the same FM .

Can you check again (saw you already investigated this...) the FM HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB to see if you can can add your enhancements to update the custom fields of the custom include for 1771?

Best regards

Rob/Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Following your advice, I looked into the source code of HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB

I looked further to find out how SAP updates the changed data of HRP1771 after perform_update_infty1771 (@line 381, as you mentioned above)

Then I found that it updates the infotype(s) with function module,  HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_DATABASE (@line 503).

I noticed that that function module's import structure is P1771 which includes customer include of HRP1771.

I want to point out that HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_DATABASE is such a powerful function module as it doesn't let you maintain only infotype 1771, it also lets you maintain infotype 1001, 1770, 1000 and 1769 (including CI_P1769!)

So instead of adding my enhancements to HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_DB, I think I will use the function module HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_DATABASE.

Thanks for giving a hand though.

Regards,