cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI BusinessObjects Platform .Net .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How can I vefiy if the BI BusinessObjects Platform .Net  is intalled on the system does it have uniqe Reg that registed on the system.

Thanks,

Fade Ismaeel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Fade,

One way I do this is to use the Windows API to get the File versions from the GAC. This is fro CR for VS version 13 so you can test for multiple versions:

foreach (Assembly MyVerison in AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies())

{

if (MyVerison.FullName.Substring(0, 38) == "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine")

{

//File:             C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\13.0.2000.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

//InternalName:     Crystal Reports

//OriginalFilename:

//FileVersion:      13.0.9.1312

//FileDescription:  Crystal Reports

//Product:          SBOP Crystal Reports

//ProductVersion:   13.0.9.1312

//Debug:            False

//Patched:          False

//PreRelease:       False

//PrivateBuild:     False

//SpecialBuild:     False

//Language:         English (United States)

System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo fileVersionInfo = System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(MyVerison.Location);

txtRuntimeVersion.Text += fileVersionInfo.FileVersion.ToString();

// check if CrsytalDecisions.Enterprise dll's can be loaded ( Anything but Cortez - managed reporting )

if (fileVersionInfo.FileVersion.Substring(0, 2) == "13")

{

btnRasOpen.Enabled = false;

}

CRVer = fileVersionInfo.FileVersion.Substring(0, 2);

return;

}

}

You can change the info for Version 14 and do the same.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

for some reson I didn't get the relevant dll's , does there exsit another way ?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fade,

If he .NEt SDk is installed on the machine, the CrystaDesicions asseemblies would exist in GAC (C:/Windows/assembly). If none of the assemblies do not show up there, it means the SDK is not installed. You would need to download and install the appropriate MSI.

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

does there is unique RegFile  that can I depends on ,becuase I have problem with Accessing the GAC Dll's on my system , so please does BI Platform have unique RegFile?

Thanks

Fade Ismaeel

0 Kudos

Hi Fade,

I did not either, Installing the runtime to see why not.... It works for CR for VS ( version 13 ) and redist should only GAC the BI assemblies....

I have to get an Image running and find out why or why not...

Also, I don't see a common reg tree with a version of BOE installed because it's supported on multiple OS's that do not have a registry it's saved in a text file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData inventory.txt has the versions

My SDK install should be done by the time I get in tomorrow so I'll try to figure out why .NET is not finding it on Windows 2008 R2 Server.

Don

0 Kudos

What I discovered was you need to add the assembly to a project and then my code will work.

There is likely  away to scan the complete GAC for the Engine, it is installed, and then get the version from it.

Don