cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : The remaining life of asset "100004" for depreciation area "Main Area" is incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting this error in SAP Business One when importing Fixed Assets. What might be the cause of this error? Some assets were already imported with 0 error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

In your sheet check asset class of the item which are not able to import. then on that asset class in SAP and see what remaining life is selected over there. It seems it's different life in system then in sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Is it really necessary that the Useful Life stated in the Asset Class is also the same with that listed for each asset?

I've uploaded some assets with different Useful Life and yet the system accepted them.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it has to be same but Capitalization date and depreciation start date could be different while import.

Capitalization date 01-01-2013 useful life and remaining life should be in this example 60 months

When you check master data after importing

First year is 60 months

in 2014 its 48 months

in 2015 36 months

It depends you are importing to previous year asset or current year asset for any import issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arlene,

I also faced the same problem, but it's solved once I calculated manually the remaining between useful life and depreciation time for getting the remaining life

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. Has anyone gotten a solution to this problem??

0 Kudos

I am facing same error, tried to without decimal value. but still same problem. Template is like this :

Please post exact solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

tom_lasitter
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue without a way to load most assets.  It appears to fail on assets that the monthly straight line calculation has more than two decimal places.

Tom