cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning - Role not generated on default connector

former_member272370
Participant
0 Kudos

Warning - "Role not generated on default connector" when creating a composite role with derived roles:

Hi All,

I get the above error message post addition of roles in the define roles phase of the Role methodology process.

I have referred through the below note which is valid for Business roles and is for GRC 10 SP12 whereas we are on GRC 10 SP16. I couldn't find a similar note for the Composite role.

1794860 - Warning message not correct when generated roles added in BR

Any inputs/notes would be helpful to address this issue to closure.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

i assume master role of derived roles are exist in GRC BRM,if not kindly check the status of those roles and then try add into them.

Regards

Baithi

former_member272370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply !

The master role has already been imported with Complete status and all role attributes in place. But I still get this error.

Are there any other points that I need to look into ?

Regards

Arun

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Are you using multiple connectors for backend systems

As per the error message "Role not generated on default connector"

Use the same connector for all types of roles,

Ex:

you can re import the master role and derived roles once using default connector and then try for addition into composite roles

Regards

Baithi

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

did you sync the roles for the default connector? After importation of the roles the flag "Role exists" is set to NO for the imported roles. Hence you need to run the sync job (prefferably full sync mode) once before you can use them in BRM properly.

Let us know if it works.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member272370
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs!

@ Srinivas -  There are multiple connectors present in the "Maintain mapping for actions and                                     connector groups" maintained in configuration.

However, the ECC Dev system is maintained as default. Also, I have imported both the master and derived role with required role attributes. The roles show the following in the provisioning section,

Role status - Production

Role exists - Yes for ECC Dev

Role provisioning allowed - Yes for ECC Dev

Allow auto provisioning - Yes for ECC Dev

@ Alessandro - Apart from the above I have also re-ran the Rep sync post role import, but still have the same issue/error.

Please update if I am missing anything more or any note needs to be considered.

Regards,

Arun

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

In SPRO config. there is a setting "Maintain mapping for Actions and Connector Groups".

Maintain this setting for all the connectors in the landscape and also define one connector as default for all the four recommended actions something like this.

Regards,

Deepak M

former_member272370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

This is already in place. Have replied to Srinivas updating the same.

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

MUST run Rep Object Sync in FULL mode.  MUST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check "Role Status" in Role Management settings in SPRO.  You need to "enable" the role status that has been assigned to your roles.  For example, if your roles have status "Production", you must enable that in SPRO setting.