Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Entitlement Round off

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am using PT_QTA00 to generate Sick leave . But it is generating 11.04  days instead of 11 days . I have maintained V_T559E table as below:

If I choose calendar year/other option also same issue

Is there any better any way out?

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri

You can try setting your constant as 0.91667 and check whats the output.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

If I set constant to  0.91667 then it is 11.00004 not 11, though it is better option.

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

As per your screenshot i think your business requirment is like that employee will get the mothly accrual amount like 2 and in the calender year end it should be 24. But employees joined in mid of the calender year then pro rate accordingly.

Do the following way,

1. In the constant maintain 2.

2. Select the radio button accrual period.

3. In the selection rule under accrual tab select the monthly radio button.

After that check the result and share with me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Sankarshan,

For SL/CL there's no proration for LWP/unauthorised absence as in PL , however mid year joinee accural based proration.

SL fixed : 11 days (Jan-Dec cycle).  In ESS, it appears correctly as 11.00, only in R/3, 11.00004

Regards,

Niladri

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ESS, the abs quota is probably with 2dec.  When 4dec hrs field is moved to 2dec field, it gets truncated; not sure if there is a rounding off in the code.

Try following:

Rounding rule - you may need several sequences of the rule to achieve the rounding. e.g. above 1 and below 1.5, etc till 11.

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri

I checked the technical properties of the quota number field ANZHL. It allows 5 decimal places. So to get exact 11, what you can try is - change your constant value to 0.916667. When the system would multiply this by 12 it would get 11.000004 and since it allows only 5 decimal places you would get 11 after rounding off. You may try this and let us know if it works.

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rounding here would be to zero decimals, if that is the requirement

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Even my ABAPer also told the same. Suggested not to change the standard one.

Regards,

Niladri

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, didnt understand what you mean by that. What standard thing were you going to change? You will be able to get the result if you try to put in the exact value of the constant which yields 11. Have you tried what I mentioned above?

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

I wanted to change ANZHL allowable field as 2 places after decimal. But SAP standard is upto 5 places after decimal.

If it is divisible by 12 then no issue such as 12 or 24 or 36.

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

You have to use rounding rule in the selection rule of SL /CL quota type. Dont change any standard functionality which is not recommend by SAP.

Regards,

Sankarsan

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri

The standard fields should not be changed. You will be able to achieve your result by adjusting the constant value appropriately.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

As per your last reply to my thread 

I tried but it is not rounding off  to 2-places after decimal

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

Tell me one thing have assigned rounding rule. It's required to include rounding rule in quota generation.

Make the constant 0.92 and then assign the below rounding rule

001    0.01(include)  0.49 (include)

002    0.50 (include) 1                          1  (roll over)

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarshan,

I've already maintained it in wherever Rounding rule is there, in V_T559L . But while generating it generates with 5 places after decimal

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it coming as 11.00000 or not. If it's like this then it's ok. Since i remebered that you can control it on display case like on payslips or ESS through there have the provision to restric the decimal point.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Sankarshan bhai. It's coming as 11.00004 only , if I try 0.92 and above rounding rule as mentioned by you, it is going to 12.5.

But surprisingly for another location , CL is 10 days yearly, if I put 0.83 as constant, it generates CL per year as 10.00000 correctly . After that I tried to copy selection/rounding rule of this location to other location, still other location has same issue. Some small bug is there , difficult to  identify.

Regards,

Niladri

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I tried   . But no luck

Regards,

Niladri

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankarshan bhai,

Attaching 2 more screen shots which I tried but not worked

In below case SL/CL instead of 7 days per year it is creating 6.99996. PL ok

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I apply standard rounding rule 01, SL/CL becomes 12.00000 , PL 18 intact, not able to understand how it calculates

Regards,

Niladri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Understood....Finally Resolved

Actually I was putting Rounding Rule both in Accrual Entitlement Tab and  Total Entitlement Tab. However only PL is accrued monthly not SL/CL. After removing RR from Accrual entitlement tab it is resolved.

Thanks all for your input.

Regards,

Niladri

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

I was telling from my 1st reply that where you have to assign the rounding rule and even my reply on your previous thread.

So finally good that you got the result.

Close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan