Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of valid from date field for many users

0 Kudos

I want to update valid from date field in su01 transaction for 100s of users.

There are many users whose valid from date is not maintained, so I want to copy it from user create date and paste it to valid from date.

And create date is different for all users. Is there any transaction using which I can do this? Or ant SQL script or abap program through which I can achieve this?

Please tell me if any one have any idea..

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SECATT or LSMW are your friend here.  There are also user management BAPI's that could be pressed into action.

What is the purpose of populating the "from" date? If it is assumed to be the same as the user create date then why not reference that for this set of users?

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As I am no friend of catt/lsmw, I suggest a select form usr02-erdat and send it to the bapi_user_change, table field logondata-GLTGV.

This will copy the last creation date of the user to the valid-from field.

b.rgds, Bernhard

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartiki,

please validate, that you have no Central User Management (CUM).

I'm not sure what happens, if you set a valid-from date on a CUM master system to a user, who is not valid on this master system.

Without roles on this system this user may not be able to do anything, bit this may have effects on SAP license accounting, if you have more active users.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

yes klaus Babl , we don't have CUM.