cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time evaluation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have copy TM04 to ZM04 and created annual leave for confirmed employee for the whole year.

When I ran ZM04 until 31.12.2016, employee A has the following absence quota:

AL 18 days

Carry Forward 10 days

There is another schema ZM05 which will skip the process of this EE through the following PCR

I would like to skip the whole time evaluation when this rule has been fulfilled, I've place the PCR at the beginning of the Schema

however, when I execute the schema, AL and Carry Forward which was created by ZM04 was replaced with 0. Can I know how can I stop ZM05 from updating the annual leave absence quota?

Appreciate your input to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. In config:

1.1 V_T559L - use a multiplication time type say 9MAL - Multiplier for AL (configure this t/t as daily)

1.2 Before CUMBT, call a PCR with ACTIO - Based on the employee's attributes, set t/t 9AL as 1 or a fraction as required.

Alternatively:

A.1:  QUOMO: change the return value based on the employee's attributes.

A2.  V_T559L - Copy the rows with the new QUOMO value; set the accrual as prorated.

2. It is not necessary to write the generated quota to IT 2013.  No benefit gained by copying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

I did try using multiplication, it does generate the full entitlement,

however, when I run the time eval for the next day, it update the quota back to 0.

I'm wondering why it keeps updating the absence quota to 0.

I'm not sure why this keep happenning...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

saphr_professional
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paige, As Jagan and Maddilety said, time eval need to be done for all emps with one single schema unless until if there are two groups of emps for whom time mgmt. status is different. It is better you differentiate, employees whose age is 12, with different employee subgroup grouping for time quotas. If you use Seniority field in v_t559e and write PCR to check the condition in this table, it  might work, rather running time evaluation with 2 schemas. Thanks SAP HR Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babaiah,

it does works, the problem is when I run the time eval on the next day, eg 02.01.2016, it will update the absence quota to 0.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand you are confused, try to understand the requirement clearly first thing when you are confirmed employees it varies with each individual i.e let assume X, Y joined on Organization 01.01.2012 X got confirmed on 01.01.2013 but Y is not confirmed what be the output since we can assume a scenario confirmed employees are entitled to full entitlement non confirmed employees are entitled to Pro-rated quota in such cases we have to look at the confirmation date not joining date.

The same we can assume in another way Joined on 01.01.2012 but we do not have any concern whether they they confirmed or not, The only thing is when he is completed one year or 12 months he is entitled to full quota no pro-rata basis.

If not completed then Pro-rata basis.

I hope you understand whether to consider confirmation criteria or 12 months criteria since main different is few cases even though a year service completed but not confirmed what he is entitled for.?

Accordingly solution design varies.

If it is the cases just consider 1 year service no point of looking for many option  define 2 base entitlement rule then accordingly we can generate Quotas with Pro-rata and No- Prorata.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to write the generated absence quota into IT2013?

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paige,

Why you would use IT2013 in this way?

You know we use IT2013 to correct the quota when it is generated automatically. For such a quota there is no possibility to fix it manually.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear omid,

Okay..I wouldnt use that and I cant use it anyway because im using RPTIME00...P2013 only works for RPTIME01..

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Maddilety suggested, the time eval needs to be done in one go for an employee for a period combining the functions (sub schemas, PCRs) of the 2 schemas.  If it is run again with another schema, the accrual will replace the previously generated values, unless if you can skip the employees for whom the accrual has been completed;  however this would not be a standard procedure.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paige,

Not understand your issue . Could you be elaborate more.

Regards,

Sankarsan

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi is ZM05 is also Copy of TM04? and what is the ZM05 is doing? would you like to incorporate ZM05 with in the ZM04? and want to trigger one schema based on your conditions?

-Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

The scenario is, if the employee IT41 joining date is more than 12 months, then I need to generate full entitlement for the ee and if the ee IT41 is not more that 12 months, then it should be prorated monthly (this is working fine).

lets say the employee join 01.01.2015 and his annual leave is prorated, butby 01.01.2016 he will receive full entitlement for his annual leave.

ZM04:

I've use the schema and force generation to 31.12.2016 and using the PCR rule below to check if the EE joining IT41 is > 12, if yes, the process the schema.

ZM05:

I've use the schema and generation to 31.01.2016 and using the PCR rule below to check if the EE joining IT41 is < 12, if yes, the process the schema. this will generate pro rated annual leave.

1.employee A fullfills ZM04 and  i ran him up to 31.12.2016 , thus his quota is generated for the whole yea.

2. employee A should not be picked up in ZM05. But I didnt manage to do this..

In my 2nd schema, employee A was still picked up and overrides the generated quota to 0.

I would like to exclude the employee from being process from time eval but it somehow still updates the employee quota to 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanuka

Yes ZM04 is a copy of ZM05 just the condition of IT0041 is reverse.

ZM04 = process if IT0041 joining date > 12

ZM05 = process if IT0041 joining date < 12

EE processed in ZM04 should not be processed in ZM05, but my current condition is these EE was still picked up and processed in ZM05 and updated the generated absence quota to 0.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a requirement, Where it says that employee seniority or tenure period more than a year full quota and less than a year quota generation on pro-rata basis in such cases you can handle them in a single schema with a rule or standard configuration, why you needed 2 schema's.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I am just testing out, ideally I wanted this to be in 1 schema.

But I wasn't able to generate using 1 schema because it will pick up both the employee that is should be prorated and should be granted full AL EE.

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you don't need two separate schema for time evaluation. You can simply write a PCR to control the IT0041 in ZM04, can not you?

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It can be achieve through only one schema. See you are saying that you are capturing date of joining in IT41 and from there you are cross checking year of service is more than one or less. Then i think it's not required two create a two schema. Put the logic inside the PCR where cross check with the year that can be achieve by HRS=YDAYXX  where XX is the date type in IT41.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through below link for your reference.

Further more with the standard configuration as well we can achieve this i think.

Regards

Venkatesh