Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Window - Basic Authentication

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a webdynpro application that invokes a third-party URL ( without any authentication ). I am calling the URL using external window of Window manager and it works perfectly fine.

However, now we want to provide basic authentication for third party URL. The third party URL enforces basic authentication and direct call from external window does not display anything ( for obvious reasons as I have not set the HTTP header with basic authentication )

I am aware of class CL_HTTP_CLIENT and how it can be used to set the HTTP header and authentication.

However, what I am struggling is how I can set the HTTP header and authentication using window manager or external window.

Also, is there any other way of setting the HTTP header in Webdynpro ABAP.

Any pointers will be well appreciated. Thanks!

Regards

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quick update on what I I tried. I set the HTTP authorization using CL_HTTP_CLIENT. However, it is not able to open the browser or call the URL using SEND statement. I believe SEND will call the URL in the background and we have to receive the data and then process it.

In my case, I dont want to receive any data and I only want to call the browser with authenticated URL.

Any pointers for the same. Thanks!

Regards

Abhi