cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure User Status on Network Activity Level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When a user releases a WBS & Network Header in Project Builder (CJ20N), all related Activities get released automatically as well. In my company business controllers prefer to have an additional release of each Activity separatly, so that to ensure no Requisition is issued accidentaly.

I heard I can set up a user status on Network activity level so that user will have to change it on each activity as well. But i don't see where in SPRO can I assign such User profile to an Activity?

I mean where do  I configure the right side of Activity these activity statuses:
Displaying image002.png

thank you,

Daria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

This can be done through user status. As already pointed out by experts, you need to go to OK02 and set an user status by selecting Object Types as Network Activity and Business Transaction as "Material Purchase Requisition" as forbidden.

But still I believe that there are various other ways to handle this because you have said that no requisition should be issued accidentally. Well, I am thinking of putting up the Res/Pur. Req field to "Never" under procurement parameter tab when material component is chosen. If you do this then no purchase requisition would be created and thus you can handle this "Res/Pur. Req" field through field selections as well.

Another possibility would be handle this through OPSG. Go to Acty (Activity tab) and select the options of "Activity Released" to "Error, Warning or an Information" as per your need. But I think this would be global change because this profile may or may not work for single Network activity. You need to check this out.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you - very useful:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Based on your requirement we can have user statuses configured at the network activity level, where in you can maintain two separate statuses , where in for one of the status you would need to restrict the release (Ensuring that the business transaction is forbidden in this case) and for the other it should be allowed.

As Sunil pointed out, you can have these settings maintained in ok02 transaction. Please let me know if this answer is helpful.

Regards

Varun

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

you can maintain user status in OK02 and assign object type Network activity.

then maintain according to requirement and assign business transaction which are allowed or to be forbidden etc.

after this you can assign this profile to activity/network.

thanks

Sunil