cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutover plan for Absence Type & Absence Quota Type codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me in designing the cut over plan for changing the Absence Type & Absence Quota Type codes of the existing company of India. The Annual leave will be the only quota which will be updated through Time evaluation every month. The existing work schedules are old & there are also new work schedules created & moved to PRD. The absence quotas are linked with the work schedules. The client wants to use the new codes for absence types & absence quota types from 01.04.2015 along with new work schedules. Please give me the idea for the same. Thanks in advance.

Your suggestion will be really appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,

M.V.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may need new DWS, PWS, WSRs, However is there a need for new abs types and abs quota types, unless you are introducing an absence type or a quota type that did not exist before?  It may need new/changed absence counting rules, changed quota generation rules, etc from the new effective date.  The abs types in T554S may be delimited, etc.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

For this you should go with delimit functionality.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply. I have done the delimitation to the existing absence quotas & corresponding absences by 31st March. I have made a plan like below.

1. Take out all the March end balances of absence quotas (From old codes) & upload them again under the new codes.

2. Use the new work schedule rule from 01.March.2015 so that while running the time evaluation in april for march the annual leave quota will be updated in the new code.

3. From April onwards again they can use any of the new work schedule rules.

But it seems this is not working out in testing as after uploading the balances with the new codes & running the time evaluation as above a new annual leave quota is getting created & the balance annual leave quota which was already uploaded is getting disappeared.

Please suggest what to do now. The new work schedule rule can be created from April 1st also then we need to take the balance of the quotas with old codes need to be re uploaded it seems.

Thanks&Regards,

M.V.V

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can store the remaining balance in the time type of old quota code on 31st March, on 1st of April pass that value to new quota code .   I am assuming  that new quota code is generating through time type.

Hope so u got it.

Sankarsan