Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave request approval via email link

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My requirement is to allow managers to approve leave via email, ie send them an approve and reject link. They can then click on the appropriate link and the request is either approved or rejected and workflow processed as usual. We are using WDA and NOT SAPUI5.

I have done a lot but my challenge is to identify which relevant table entries should be updated.

This is what i have done so far.

1. Created a webdynpro application which is using a system user so that managers dont have to login as they might check emails on Blackberry phone.
  2. Created a class which as the send email to out look method, in this method i create a URL which includes the requiest ID and the status as parameter. This is sent to the manager and once the manager clicks on the link I decode the URL inorder to get the request ID and status, approved or not.
  3. ISSUE is HERE: I now want to use that request id to update the necessary table status and move the workflow to the next step.
    1. is possible to model workflow to skip a step if a variable is set? ie if its email approval the the dialog approval step should skipped. How can i model this?
    2. I am not able to find a method that does the save and approval so that i call that to be processed once the link is clicked.

I hope my question is clear. I also hope my approach is good, feel free to suggest ways of achieving ths requirement.

by the way we are on ecc6 EHP6 with HR renewal 1 feature pack 4. But we are not using SAPUI5

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You can use standard reports in background based on what decision you receive in SAP from managers:

Leave Requests: Approve Documents report (RPTARQAPP) or the Leave Request: Mass Approval report (RPTARQMASS_APPROVAL)

I think this will complete your step of workflow.

Otherwise, kindly share which method you are using inside the workflow to approve the leave request. I can help you better then.

Regards,

Richa

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I didnt understand below: which dialog approval? You can model the WF as you like it. but to diff ie approval from mail or portal, will require more modification? 1

METH CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF *&                      GET_REQUEST_TO_BE_APPROVED *& Object Header  CLAS CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF

FUNC PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK, and CL_PT_REQ_WF_PROCESSOR CONTINUE_WORKFLOW

also if the WF working correctly if you approve from Portal or backend? is it getting completed ?

We had this functionaliy earlier using Microsoft duet, where you could approve in a mail rather going to application.

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for the suggestion of the classes, thats more or less what i need but can you please clarify

I need to allow managers to approve via email.  in the email there were will be a link to approve or reject. so my challenge is to find relevant classes/methods to do the following

1. get request to be approved

2.Get approve user id and email

3.Get request id and workflow id.

With the above information i can the approve the workflow and move it to the next step. Then I will need class/method

1. CALL FUNCTION 'ENQUEUE_EPTREQ'

2.Method/Function to actually approve

3.CALL FUNCTION 'DEQUEUE_EPTREQ'

Can you please suggest methods/ or functions that I can use? You have give me the one to the request which is great btu what about the others?7

Thanks.

Andy

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can do a st12 trace for approval step and see what classes are touched. CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBL   IF_FPM_GUIBB_LIST~PROCESS_EVENT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MohammedNazeer
Explorer
0 Kudos

My requirement is to allow managers to approve leave via email - is there any 3rd party solution available?