cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Question: Vendor does not exist in QA32

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

In QA32, I would like to do a result recording for a inspection lot which inspection type is 01.

When I finished result recording, I press the save button, and then pop-up a window for Q-Notification, then I filled some code group.

Finally, I press the Enter button, there was a error message "Vendor xxx does not exist".

Could you please give me some advises? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Bu Fanchao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all answer. The issue has been solved, root cause is due to a enhancement from MM module.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought it sounded like a customization!

Was this a standard enhancemnet provided by SAP,(I.e. a Badi), or was this something the company designed and put in themselves via exits?

If it was something vai a standard SAP Badi, it would be great if you could elaborate on the Badi and what the integration with QM was and how it worked, (or didn't work).  Could possibly make for a good document or blog.

Craig

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Sorry, it is a customization.

Best Regards,

Bu Fanchao

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check this link

Thanks in advance

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like a customized process.  Why are you creating the notification?  Did something fail?

I'd also first check your vendor number.  What is the vendor number showing in the inspection lot in QA02 or QA03?  Click on it.  Does it display the vendor infor?  Does it give you a message like "Vendor is flagged for deletion?"

It could be possible the vendor was changed/deleted after your inspection lot was created and now that you are trying to create a notification, (via some custom process), the notification is failing some check because of a deleted or flagged vendor.

Some screen shots here might help out a lot!!

Craig

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response.

1. I want to reject this inspection lot, so I input some reject values.

2. Actually, the vendor number is 40065467, and vendor name is OGM Limited. But the error message is "Vendor OGM does not exist."

For the others check points, I will check them tomorrow morning.

Best Regards,

Bu Fanchao

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanchao,

I think you might not be having any issues with your Result Recording process, though this error is coming up form linked notifications. Isn't that the case?

I think, there is/are some open/old notification open linked to the material, which normally you can see form result recording screen itself. While you are doing result recording, a new QN linked to your inspection lots / material is getting created which might have all details like PO/Vendor, etc picked correctly and please double check the linked PO/Vendor are all valid. If there is no issues, then the error may be related to an old "Vendor" which may be picking form some old QN's, linked to the same material.

Please can you also check form QM10 by giving the Vendor name and find out any outstanding Notification for the material, and close it. Hopefully, these approaches may help you.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member221822
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

I have closed all outstanding notifications by vendor and material, but this issue is not solved.

Do you have other advise?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Bu Fanchao

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fanchao,

Thanks for closing all open and old QN's for the material/vendor combination. Now please can you explain a bit more about the usage of vendor OGM (Number = 40065467) in your notification, as suggested by Craig. How you are linking this vendor to the present notification process now? Is this vendor still active or not? I also have similar opinion that this vendor might be changed/flagged for deletion, once the inspection lot got created. Please can you double check this point and confirm. If so, please can you try using a active Vendor and see if there is any issues happening in the notification creation. Potentially this error is linked to the notification creation & validation process only so this is to be checked first.

Please note that if the inspection lot is rejected due to some incorrect or rejected values, then based on standard SAP valuation only (Status = 3) the operation will pop-up a value as "Rejected" to select and save. But user can manually override it to "Accepted" and then save it. I believe to achieve this status "3", there is no further check on linked vendor at inspection lot level, unless you have used "Vendor" as a result parameter or there is some enhancement working in the background to validate the PurOrd linked Vendor to be valid or not!! 

In case if there is no issues with the 1st check, and the vendor OGM is an active vendor, then neither at QN creation or at Inspection lot validation (enhancement) should fail. So, we should then double check with ABAP team for further guidance to know how is this error generated.

Thanks,

Arijit