cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting DataSources in (ECC) problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

Just wanted to ask if these are only the two important nodes when collecting and transporting an enhanced datasource?

I am currently transporting datasources from ECC DEV to ECC QAS. When reviewing my datasources in QAS, append structures were not transported.

- What I did here was to transport datasources from RSA6. I though it would carry all the changes made in the datasource but it was just the active datasources.

So I collected the datasources again in a new TR; collecting the requests only in one TR (as per discussions in SCN). First is re-activating the append structure; putting it in a new TR, then collecting the active datasource.

I am just having doubts if I am missing a step since the (Go To -> Object Directory Entry) is not letting me make a new transport inside the extract structure (double clicking the datasource; double clicking the extract structure; then object directory entry), thus, I am not able to collect the standard extract structure table (or is this because the datasource I am transporting is a standard one?).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always thought that I need to collect it in one TR (Active datasource, Extract Structure and Table Structures). But, it was okay to have the append structure in another TR.

What I did was to transport the DataSource then followed by the append structure's TR. It's all good now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if an append structure is part of your ZFAGLPOSBW table

then i would expect the append structure to get in the same transport.

is that what you meant?

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can't you just manually create an entry for R3TR TABL <your structure>?