Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch job "Z" program variant details check without SE38 or authorization to execute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Quick question on a background jobs custom program variant. I can easily find the variant name in SM37 and I can easily see the variant details (settings) in quality systems with SE38. I see its incorrect in quality systems so I need to check the variant details in production systems without access to execute the program or view the variant the normal way (no SE38) (only end user "like" access with display transactions in the production system).

Is there some table I can query or transaction commonly extended to end user I may not be aware of that I can use?

I believe the answer will be, no I cannot, but just hoping to confirm before requesting support I.D. in production as that can be a troublesome process.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note: I checked table BPABAPJOB but it does not seem to be the solution unless I missed something inside...

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note: I checked table BPABAPJOB but it does not seem to be the solution unless I missed something inside...

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see actual variant values in SM37. I don't have access at this moment but the following thread should have solution.

find variants for batch jobs | SCN

Cheers

0 Kudos

yes, from that thread :

"Goto SM37-> click on the job you want to get the variant-> Then click on "Step" tab-> It will display the program name, click on program name-> Click on menu"Goto"-> Click on "variant".

You will get the variant and the values populated in slection screen for the particular variant."

Thank you!!!

grateful to learn something new 🙂