cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manger wants to create a leave request for inactive employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this requirement possible ?

my client is asking that the manger wants to create a leave request for inactive employee on his behalf

when the manger is trying to create a leave request it is throwing the error message as Invalid personal number.

Comments required from the experts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You cant create leave request for inactive employees, and definately not recommended. I m not sure of the requirement, probably you are trying to book in past?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well inactive employee shouldnt be shown in Team structure, we fixed this issue while using Note 1921771, As i said, if you want around this behavior, you need to suppress the error message ie modify the standard code. But in standard it wont be supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

Thanks for reply.

i understand by your reply as

1) the inactive employee shoudnt be shown in MSS home page ?

2)standard sap wont support creating leave request for inactive employees ?

3) if we want, we need to customize the application

please let me know if i am wrong at any point

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. No (only active employees should display)

2. No (NO!)

3. Yes (and LOTS too)

...and why in the world would you want/need to do this?!?! I think that is the part we are all having a hard time understanding. Do you get what "inactive" means? If so, how then do they take "leave"? When/how do they accrue such "leave"? Are you simply trying to clear out their accrued "leave" to offset their "inactive" time....such as a leave of absence for extended periods? I just can't see why/how you would want to do this as a business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi solomon,,

I dont know the reason behind

the inactive employee is showing under the mss Home page of manger.

Is there something wrong functionally/technically ?

I Know what would be the status of inactive employee. I tried to convenience my client,but no luck

Requirement is in this way :

Manger wants to create a leave request for inactive employee( on the behalf of inactive employee, the manger wants to create a leave request ) in manager self service tab from Home

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes i have seen this earlier, where employee on long LOA are given inactive status, anyhow, I would suggest to apply the note above as its a bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidarth,

Well inactive employee shouldnt be shown in Team structure, we fixed this issue while using Note 1921771, As i said, if you want around this behavior, you need to suppress the error message ie modify the standard code. But in standard it wont be supported.

what do you mean by suppress error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh my god ...... for inactive employees also  are you able to see the team in MSS first let me know once ? you have to make them understand who is inactive employees  and active employees and what's the status becomes in sap after employee being got terminated and check his status in infotype 0000 actions  and in infotype 0001 org assignment mean while and when employee got terminated his infotypes will get delimited in sap and when employee got terminated he is no more seen under that team of MSS in portal.....and let me know is there any specific reason your client wants to create leave request for inactive employees ask them why they shud create for left employees ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawla,

In MSS Home page , we are able to see the inactive employees too.

The employee went on pregnancy leave for one year and they made the user as inactive.

and manager wants to create leave to that inactive employee on her behalf.