Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DS Custom dictionary and transformation

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am very new to SAP Data services.

i will like help on how to create a customized dictionary for my own text files and how to use this dictionary to transform data into a good information in the target Database.

Any expert who can help me should please add a screen shots on how they created their customized dictionary and the steps they converted or transformed scattered text file into a good information.

Regards

Justice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

millicentdark
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to reply what i need these are my answers;

1 .What version of Data Services are you using? 

Ans: I am using SAP Data services 4.1 SP02

2. What do you mean by creating a dictionary for your own text files? Are these text files your source data?

Ans: What i mean about creating dictionary is a file i can use to transform my unstructured text file so that the transformation can understand the text file content.

3.What kind of data is in the text files?

Ans: It is an unstructured Text file, with no commas or any punctuation.

4. Are your text files unstructured data, and do you plan on using the Text Data Processing transform to filter out useful data from these text files?

Ans: Yes, i will like to use with the help of the SAP Data services text processing transform to structure my file and group them into appropriate columns in the target Database.

eg. if the text file i will use as my source data is unstructured with the help of the custom dictionary i have created it will be able to transform the text file into the target Database allocating the appropriate text content into the right columns in the target database because of the dictionary created.

Regards

Justice

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start from te wiki page. Follow the link Arun Kumar has already posted (Text Data Processing - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki).

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Justice,

Please use the link provided by Dirk as there is a wealth of information provided. The tutorials are especially useful.

Via this link, there is a TDP blueprint available to assist you in the creation of your dictionary; however it is HIGHLY recommended you work with DS 4.2, not DS 4.1. This is because DS 4.1 went End of Maintenance on 12/31/2014, meaning there is no escalation path regarding bugs or further development in this code stream.

Best of luck!
Julie

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Justice,

Would you please provide more information?

1. What version of Data Services are you using?

2. What do you mean by creating a dictionary for your own text files? Are these text files your source data?
3. What kind of data is in the text files?

4. Are your text files unstructured data, and do you plan on using the Text Data Processing transform to filter out useful data from these text files?

5. Please provide better detail regarding what your data source is and exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Thank you,
Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos