cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 ODBC Access error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I upgraded to Crystal Reports 2013 from Crystal Reports XI.  I have a very simple system.  I use Access databases on my C: drive - no network.  In Crystal XI, when I refreshed the CR reports I was prompted for a SQL user id and pw but I was able to simply hit enter and move to the next screen prompting for the database etc..  Now, I cannot get past the SQL user and id screen without receiving the following message.

Logon failed

Details: IM006:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver'sSQLSetConnectAttr failed.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you were being prompted in CR XI in the 1st place. If there is no security restriction on the database, then there should never have been any security challenge in the 1st place.

So, the question is; why the prompt?

I'd like you to download the sqlconn32 utility and see if you can connect to the db.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, thank you for your assistance.  It will quickly become obvious my technical skills are limited.

I was able to download the sqlconn32 utility and ran: Driver connect; Simple Connect; and Silent Connect (if that is what you requested).  Driver connect worked; but Simple and Silent Connect failed.  If I could, I would have cut and pasted the resulting reports into this comment but that doesn't seem to be an option (can't understand why). However, I did "save to file" the three report/logs. Are they of any value to you?  If yes, how can I forward them to you? 

I still have my Crystal XI version available and went back and did a: File/New/Standard Report/Create new connection/ODBC(RDO)/Make a new connection/MS Access Database... whereupon the ODBC(RDO)/Connection information screen appears with Server: showing MS Access Database; User ID (is blank); Password (is blank). As usual, I hit enter and the Select database screen pops up.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does it mean when you say "Simple and Silent Connect failed"?

Error? Symptom? Behavior?

- Ludek