Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope someone could help me out in selecting an appropriate MODULE in SAP for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi team,

i would like to appreciate , if any of them give me a solution.

i have done my BCA. 2013 pass out. i am working as system engineer as of now.

I am planning to change my career to SAP and so I have done my research in the SAP modules, I could see that  SAP SD , SAP BW , SAP MM ,SAP ABAP. SAP HANA  this are the modules currently i am seeing more boom.

can you please help me to select  any multiple  module and continue focus one  module . which gives best opportunities  in job industry/market  and career growth.

i am okay with functional and non functional, i would like to go in one way to start my stepping stone. i am not good at programming average.

i have seen many of freshers hired or deployed in SAP.

i would like to appreciate, if any solves my bigger concern!

thanks a lot:)

6 REPLIES 6

santhu_gowdaz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r interested in funcational, u can go for SD,MM.

Technical- ABAP.

Now Hana is booming. so it all depends on ur interest.

0 Kudos

Dear Satish.,

Being a BCA Graduate u can go with ABAP or HANA or BI..

If you are intrested in fuctional module then u can go with SAP MM or SD..

There are technical and functional modules in SAP and a few are a combination of both. Take sometime and see which one you like and think you would like to learn then see what module is in demand then take a decision. Now, once you decide the module then you have to decide whether you want to take training from an SAP authorized training partner or unauthorized. The main difference is that the SAP Authorized training allows you to appear in the certification exam after the training but if you go with an authorized training center (which of course charges way less than authorized training centres) you will not be allowed to appear in the certification exam.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It all depends on what you like to do.

For example, if you like coding very much then SAP ABAP will be the option. If you like to play with data However if you dont like coding then functional module will be best for you. Now which functional module you want to take will depends on your interest as anyway whichever module you take you will be a beginner unless you have some experinece.Before going for any functional module i would say, you should try to see an overview of a particular sap module and then probaly you might realise what is looking more interesting to you and based on that you can decide.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathis,

You can go for BI as it is less coding and more conceptual (Object Oriented). It requires functional knowledge as well, once you climb the ladder.

I would recommend although you don't like coding but you should still go for technical module. Many concepts which you learnt in graduation would be helpful here as well.

Hope this advice helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

First you have to understand, what are these modules and what a consultant of that module does.

From documents available on internet, and gain an idea about these modules.

The functional modules, requires a minimum of 2 yrs of work experience in the related field. For example, an SD consultant need experience in Sales and Distribution process,

For technical modules, you may not require domain experience, but can get trained and get job.

So important is to know about these modules and compare it with your interest and skills, then you will be able to decide.

Job market/salary/career growth etc.. are to be given second preference as, after choosing a module, if you are not interested in it or it does not suit your skills, then chances are that, you will not be satisfied in it.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, Sathis Kumar

I think you should think about Project management, because it is next level, more powerfull and moneyly. Previous you neew to know a little bite about Project Management skills and start position.

SAP has own methodology to implemention solution to business. PMer of SAP projects it's cool career.

My recommendation:
1. See topics about Project management skills

2. See my clips about project management of SAP, i propose you a few tips and tools for it

Project Mamanagement, Episode #1, 10.03.2015 - YouTube