cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover specific table from sql backup in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Due to misconfiguration some table has been corrupted in production server. We have last backup of production server (.bkp).

I want to know is it possible to recover specific table from .BKP backup file to production server instead of doing whole restore.

If possible how to do?

SAP details:

Database : MS SQL 2008 r2

SAP:  ECC 6.0 Ehp 6

Regards,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also refer link

http://solutioncenter.apexsql.com/how-to-recover-a-single-table-from-a-sql-server-database-backup/

but still i suggest you to opt complete restore in case of PRD to avoid any issues.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

We will loss present master data if we restore whole db backup from previous backup file.

former_member182657
Active Contributor

Hi,

We will loss present master data if we restore whole db backup from previous backup file.

Then i would suggest you to follow SAP Note  1297986 - Backup and Restore strategy for MS SQL Server

Older backup is a necessity to restore a few tables. The DB is fully restored on separate hardware, the needed tables are exported fully or partially and imported back into the productive system. This may be necessary in order to get back data that has been deleted because of a user error or during repair activities (see option "REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS" in SAP Note 142731). Importing of historical data from an old backup without stopping the productive system presents a good option for critical systems.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the master data is

1. In this case you have to restore the full database from the very good backup,  and then check the master data,

or you have to follow the step 2

2. As already said by Gaurav, You have to restore the full db in different system and then upload the master data from restore DB to SAP system.

BR

SS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generating Scripts would be a better option to recover specific table from SQL backup. if it fails then you can recover the specific table using any third party SQL recovery tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As you want to recover specific table, I would suggest u to perform restoration on a test server(such as SANDBOX).

Afterwards perform the export of required table then import it on PRD. SQL server comes with a specific export-import tool to achieve the required.

Regards,

Akshay

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to recover specific table from .BKP backup file to production server instead of doing whole restore.

Unfortunately no,complete restore would be best option here.

Regards,