cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification(Outlook Email) sent in case Maintenance not performed in time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have very General business requirement to send Notification/Outlook email to Maintenance manager in case in preventive maintenance order and Breakdown maintenance order is not technical complete within given (let say 4 hours) time frame then notification/email should be sent to management as escalation email .matter.

Please reply with brief if this available in SAP standard configuration or through a user exit.

Cheers

Inderjeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it can be achieved through Workflow implementation, contact ABAP team. you can configure with different combinations of escalation levels, Notif/MO types, planner group/mwc, mail Ids. time period etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

Anybody else would like to reply briefly on above asked question ?

Cheers

Inderjeet

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inderjeet,

Its possible, if you have priority in place its more easy for determination, which will determine the Start and Finish date of the notification, logic needs to be put in place to validate whether today's date is beyond the finish date.

As informed by Praveen, workflow / ABAP consultants required, this will be a simple task for workflow.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

As stated by others this will have to be a workflow but you need to think through the requirement to understand the logic you will use to select such orders, i.e. system status not TECO then will you check dates or do you check system status CNF at order header level and then the date and time the status was changed to CNF. Depending on the size of the organisation the lucky maintenance manager can potentially be receiving a fair few emails. In addition to this if the order doesn't get TECO'd then several emails may be sent for the same order depending on how you have it setup.

In my honest opinion I'm not sure if sending individual emails for each order is the best way to manage this process. If the business really want to receive an email then perhaps look into a single consolidated email (report) sent at close of play each day or in the morning covering all affected orders.

Alternatively, have you thought about using a report, you should look at IW39, from the selection screen you should be able to set some criteria criteria which shows you the orders where maintenance has been executed but orders have not been set to TECO or go for a custom report.

Cheers,

Khayyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reply But please be aware that in my case I would like to trigger email on TECO of Order if not done within 4 hours then email should be sent. Please correct me if I am wrong you want to say same time period 4 hours notification will be raised along with Order ? If this is the case then How I will I control the Order for email sending ?

Cheers

Inderjeet

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inderjeet,

This will also be possible, i guess you need to write a code to identify the notification.

For NOCO (Notification) you can take the status change documents, since on TECO of work order, Notification will also be completed, if the complete notification is checked.

What kind of control you are expecting in work order ?

I suggest you to discuss with your Technical Consultant.

Regards

Terence

Answers (0)