cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a re-useable Collection Extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Collection Extension and now I want to use it in different tabs. i.e. Same collection extension is to be used in two or more tabs.

Is there a way to do this

Please help me with this.

The SAP e-Sourcing version is: 9.0.05.  Thanks for help!.

Regards,

Prakhar Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your exact requirement is not possible (using same collection on multiple tabs).

But the requirement itself is strange, could you please explain why do you need to see the same collection on different tabs? Maybe we can help find an alternative solution.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

I want a set of fields (& tables) to be present in different tabs.

So is there a way I can duplicate the already created Collection Extension (& make any minor changes like Id etc.) and use it in a different tab? Else I have to create the same extension again and again for each tab.

Regards,

Prakhar Gupta

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhtar,

You can use excel template (Extension Attribute Definition) to facilitate the creation and management of all the extension collections.

It would have been easier if you created your first extension using excel (you would have already had the excel file).

Once you have all the extensions created you could easily make them position one in each tab (or even do this at creation time in excel file).

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know whether there is some way of duplicating a Collection extension manually.

I can reuse them through workook but I suppose there is no way of duplicating one created manually.

Regards,

Prakhar Gupta

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Indeed there is no manual procedure for that.

Bogdan