Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA peak used memory exceeds the global allocated limit

former_member183087
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

There are many discussions that happened in the forum about the memory utilization and limits.

I have been seeing this symptom in our HANA systems quite a number of times and posting this for clarification:

During the business hours the memory usage is used to the peak and usually settles down during non-business hours.

Below overview page shows the Peak Used Memory as 129.08 GB vs. Allocated GB is only 128.

What is the concept here of Peak Used Memory exceeding the Allocation Limit ?

But after couple of minutes this came back to 125.69 GB. And when I ran an SQL query from the snapshots go the below output and I will never get the Peak Used memory as 129.08 or 125.69 GB and it bit lesser that what it shows up in the Studio:

What is correct Peak used memory here ? Which one is true ? Where I do get the correct and reliable information ?

Thanks

Srikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

Please use the

BR

AKJ

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srikar,

Sorry, I don't know which one is correct (I face the same thing in my environment that peak used memory exceeded the allocation limit. However, it was temporary)

Can you provide the source why you find the SQL?

Please execute the following SQL to get the peak used memory as per SAP HANA Memory Usage (I can't find the document link now, I upload the screenshot of this document below)

SELECT ROUND(SUM("M")/1024/1024/1024,2) as "Peak Used Memory GB" FROM (SELECT SUM(CODE_SIZE+SHARED_MEMORY_ALLOCATED_SIZE) AS "M" FROM SYS.M_SERVICE_MEMORY

UNION

SELECT SUM(INCLUSIVE_PEAK_ALLOCATION_SIZE) AS "M" FROM M_HEAP_MEMORY_RESET WHERE DEPTH = 0)

Regards,

Ning Tong

SachinBG
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi We are also facing the spike in Used Memory/peak Memory used, it goes drastically high and comes back, can we have query to check which is causing the spike? whether it is schema wise or the query wise. Quick Repsonse is highly appreaciated