cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open UI from Agentry,Android

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am integrating Open UI in agentry android ,i had imported all agentryUI framework for android  and i had created one sample activity in the project AgentryAndroidClientResources , can i call  that  activity in agentry by passing activity name(Class name) in "ExternalField" in the screen set??

Kindly guide me my approach is correct or not

Thanks

Kaviyarasu.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend that you start by using the sample Open UI controls first.  Get those compiled into your client and tested and then use them as a template to understand how and where the code is put into the Agentry projects.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply bill,

I will start use the sample

Thanks

kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my self thanks for valuable comments

Thanks

kavi

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavi,

Please post your solution so others may benefit.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP P&I Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah sure micheal,

I had created one filed in screen in agentry editor that screen has one row and one column so this will covers the whole page in the screen i had the filed type as "External Field",then in the External field section i had put my adapter class "ExternalUI"

That class i had created in Agentry AgentryAndroidClientSolution project within the "com.sap.mobile.platform.client.openui.extensions" 

ExternalUI class will extend with ExternalDataDisplayAdapter  class in the getview method i had constructed my own view and returned for my requirement i need web view so i returned as web view

if u need any layout view also we can do by this way

public View getView()

{

WebView webview=null;

if(_context!=null)

{

LinearLayout ll = new LinearLayout(_context);

ll.setOrientation(LinearLayout.VERTICAL);

webview = new WebView(_context);

browser.loadUrl("URL");

}

return webview;

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bill,

i have one suggestion in Open UI android returned view does not have any validation means if i set the field type as string it should accept only EditText view but in current version it will allow all the views to show on  the agentry screen field  from adapters.

if we do any validations of returned view it would be  a good framework.

Thanks

kavi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kavi,

The intent of Open UI types is to build upon a datatype from Agentry in terms of what is passed into the Open UI control.  Once in the control you have complete control over what you choose to display and do with any passed in values.  This gives you the most flexibility in terms of what you can do with the control area.  If you want to add validation you can do that in your Open UI code. 

For example, in Work Manager where we display the ESRI map control we do that from two input types in Agentry.  First from the List View where we map multiple collections of points and second from a String where we map just the current workorder.  In both case we display a map but use the input data differently to determine what shows where and when.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

Now i understand the flexible way of development

Thanks

Kavi

Answers (0)