cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Aggregation issue@Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me  If any body came across the below issue in their real time reporting.

Report needs the KF values based on latest transaction type.Each document will have different Transaction types

Ex..Document 1 - Transaction type  - 1,2 & 3 , Document 2-Transaction type - 1,2,3,4,5 & 6

Document 1 - Transaction type 3 - value & Document 2 -Transaction type 6 - value should be displayed @ Report

To achieve expected result i used Exception aggregation as Maximum for all the KF's

The overall result is showing as expected means the KF values are showing based on latest Transcation type only.

Here the total should be 1420 +9812 but it is showing only 1420. -What will be the issue?

When i try to drill down based on Material it is showing Multiple values but the over result sum same is not changing at all.

Thanks,

G.V.R.REDDY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For time being I used exception aggregation with Transaction type for the required Key figures and I used one more Exception with Document no. for the display of summation.

We decided to go with the changes @ Transformation from DSO to Info cube. In this case am going to design with 2 info cubes one is with latest transaction type data and other is for item level data.

Thanks a lot for all your contribution.

Thanks,

GVR

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GV,

What do you want as FINAL report?

Did you make the TRANSACTION TYPE as REFERENCE CHARACTERISTIC of your keyfigures?

Or what did you apply to have the output you have shown?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

I made TRANSACTION TYPE as REFERENCE CHARACTERISTIC of all KF's.

The expected output should be based on latest TRANSACTION TYPE only.

Ex: One document contains multiple TRANSACTION TYPES  -

Doc.1 - T1 - 0                         

T2 - 50

T3 - 200

T4 - 140

Doc.2 - T1 - 20

T2 - 50

T3 - 200

T4 - 140

T5 - 500

In this case we need out put "Doc.1 - T4 - 140 & Doc.2 -T5 -500"..

Please help me if you have any idea on this.

Thanks,

G.V.R.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GV,

How about applying a CONDITION on your keyfigure, use the TOP N = 1..

Did you try it?

Regards,

Loed

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GV,

Create new formula, in that use exception as 'Count for all detailed values' by referring to Transaction type. If you go with this approach, you will get count of all transaction types under a respective document.

you want to see count or latest transaction type?

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Can you please give more details on applying CONDITION?

Thanks,

G.V.R.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

Here business is not interested in Count of Transaction type. Latest Transaction Type values only should be displayed in the Result.

Thanks,

G.V.R.R

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GV,

Do you have Standard DSO in your data flow, if yes, you can get the latest transaction type by defining proper key fields(not to include this transaction type).This way you can achieve your requirement.

Is transaction type is characteristic infoobject?

Regards,

Vengal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengal,

Transaction type is Alpha numeric.

You meant say we don't have any option @ Front end to achieve the expected result?.

we may load latest transaction type data from standard DSO to info cube but  we are going to have two different data targets one is for Latest transaction type & other is for all Transaction types. For this change requires lot of approvals meanwhile am checking other possibilities to achieve this requirement.

Thanks,

G.V.R

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GV,

Create a CONDITION..

Choose your keyfigure, then use TOP N, then enter 1..

Make the CONDITION as "active"..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi GV

Goto properties of those keyfigures and change 'calculate results as' to summation and check once.