Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 15 - Extending Mobile-PODs

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

found the "ME Mobile Developer Guide SAP ME 15.0"-Document in the guides-section for ME 15. It explains how to create view, controller etc. but it doesn't explains how to extend the mobile POD.

How to create own views and link it to "/manufacturing-mobile/index.jsp" ?

I also facing the problem that if I create a new Mobile-POD (simple a copy of the default MOBILE_DEVICE) and try it in the URL as WORKSTATION-parameter a message poping up that says that there is no mobile-pod with this name?

Are here some folks that already managed extending the mobile-POD?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stan_woods
Explorer
0 Kudos

The ME Mobile Developers Guide describes how to develop a view/controller for a new mobile activity (See section 3.1.4).   There is also a Mobile How-To Guide that describes the process of adding a "Mobile" activity to the list of activities that will be displayed in the mobile POD.    Adding a "new" mobile activity is done in Activity Maintenance. 

Assuming you defined a view and controller called “com.example.view.Example.view.js” and “com.example.view.Example.controller.js” you would define the Activity in Activity Maintenance as follows:

Activity:  MOBILE_EXAMPLE

Class / Program:  com.example.view.Example

Type:  Mobile View

Make sure assign permissions to the appropriate user group so it will display in the Mobile POD.

In POD Maintenance you then add MOBILE_EXAMPLE to the list of activities to display in the Mobile POD as described in the Mobile How-To Guide (See section 3.2.2).

Assuming you have created a new Mobile POD called "MOBILE_EXAMPLE" you should be able just change the WORKSTATION to run it.  Make sure the POD Type is "Mobile" and make sure to define the POD in your default site.  There is an issue currently with referencing a Mobile POD that is not defined in your default site.

http://&host:&port/manufacturing-mobile/index.jsp?WORKSTATION=MOBILE_EXAMPLE

Best Regards,

Stan

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stan,

the issue with the default Site and the Mobile-POD could be the reason for the error with the copy of the MOBILE_DEVICE - POD.

But my main question is still open. How to get view and controller linked to the "/manufacturing-mobile/index.jsp" ? How to depploy mobil-POD-plugins to the server?

Just to short explain my question a little bit deeeper ... If you develop POD-plugins for the "desktop", you create your extension-package and than you must link the POD-activity to http://<host>:<port>/<your-context-root>/index.jsp?WORKSTATION=MY_POD (your-context-root instead of manufacturing!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This process involves using the SAPME SDK and creating a new mobile web application where the vendor(s)/customer(s) can add their own view(s) , controller(s), and static resources based on the code provided by us or brand new ones from scratch.

While the SDK allows you to create your own mobile application using UI5, it currently has issues providing the core  mobile app  resources (the structure of and the associated view /controller  files, etc.) to the SDK users.  We are analyzing the issue and hope to fix it as soon as possible.  Thank you for pin-pointing the issue to us; we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Regards,

Ardy Fateh

former_member329581
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply.

I think it is a good idea to extend the ME Mobile Developer Guide with a section about the "How to develope/ deploy with the SDK" after the issues are fixed.

regards

Kay

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the steps as mentioned above & guide.

I can see the the activity in Custom_Mobile_POD, but when i click on 'MOBILE_EXAMPLE' activity, no event is triggered.

Is there any more configuration required to display Example view on click of 'MOBILE_EXAMPLE'?

any help would be highly appreciated.

regards,

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Issue fixed.

After adding supporting DC's, its working.

Regards,