Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Serial Number Items

Alan_Rossiter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a client with an issue on returning a serial number item. Please see the steps taken, below:

1.We created an order containing a serialised item.
2.Took it to Pick\Pack and created a delivery note. During this time we allocated the correct serial number XXXXXXXX.
3.However, before actual delivery we noticed something was wrong with the product and cancelled the delivery note – they system did not go into a serial number screen to return the item. **Note - this was a cancel, not a close
4.Once the order was open we took it through Pick\Pack again and allocated a new serial number but this time we had to delete 1 that was there from the previous allocation against serial number XXXXXXXX.
5.During this phase a second serial number was allocated YYYYYYYY – they system allowed me to update and create a delivery note.

HOWEVER

6.When I do into the Serial Number Transactions Report even though I cancelled the original delivery note, Point 3, it still says its allocated to our customer, which it isn’t
7.This needs to be changed to a) showing available (in the end nothing was wrong!) and b) not attached to anyone

Anyone got any ideas on how to remove this allocation?

Alan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

On Sales order quantity field enter Control + tab and here you can cancel allocation of serial number.

Regards,

Chintan

Alan_Rossiter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Perfect. Thanks Chintan. I wasn't aware of this function.

Alan.

Answers (0)