Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cost centers in an internal order

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Can we use multiple cost centers in an internal order. I guess no.

Our client wants to use two cost centers in an internal order. If I m not wrong the only option is to left cost center field blank.

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

One solution is to use IO as statistical and book the costs to required cost centers along with IO.

Other way I could think of is,  during month end, settle the real IO to target cost centers.

Thanks,

V V

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj Adhikari

Cost centers  can be assigned to Internal Orders, however internal orders cannot be assigned to cost center. The data can flow between the cost objects.

If multiple cost centers need to be assigned to  same internal order(statistical), then actual posted Cost Center need NOT be specified in the order master.

In the above scenario while posting a transaction internal order is specified along with the Cost center.

In case the order (real), then define the distribution to be settled to various cost centers.

Regards,

Sam

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam/Vinod

I guess you mean I should leave field of cost center as blank in internal order. The user can mention diff cost center while posting.

Correct me if I m wrong.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Yes you should leave the Cost center blank in internal order master data and can maintain multiple cost center when the user maintain settlement rule. however for that you must post your entries to a real order not to a statistical order. because in a statistical Order only one cost center can be allowed.

Regards,

Azar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have got one more instruction from client. According to them, they will be using two different company codes & cost centers for a single internal order. Example- Internal Order- 18765 will be used for both company codes ABCD (with cost center 12345) & EFGH (with cost center 45678).

I made an internal order with company code & cost center blank (with only functional area in assignments tab). At control data it has statistical order & commitment update both ticked marked.

I am not very sure if this will work. Unfortunately this is the first order for order type 0100. I checked their other internal orders randomly & clicked settlement rule top of the master data & all were blank. So I guess untill & unless they don't do settlement it should work.

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

If it a statistical order you will not be able to settle it at a later stage unless otherwise you main a cost center on the master data itself.

Why do you not try to do this via a real order where you can settle the amount to 999 no settlement receivers?

Best Regards,

Azar

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Azar.

a) Can I convert the same Internal Order to real order. Whenever I make an internal order it already has statistical ticked marked & greyed out.

b) My research says, from table COBRB, they only do settlement for order type 0650 i.e. series 6* orders. The current order has type 0100 i.e. series 1*.

c) What if client says they won't be doing settlement. In that case can I make statistical order without company code & cost center i.e. single order for two different company codes.

d) Do you have any questions I should ask client before making in production?

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

You can't convert the existing order to a real order because the order properties are managed by order Type. Real orders has its own properties where as statistical orders has its own properties.

You can Check the existing order types configurations using t-code KOT2_OPA If there's settlement profile then it will allow you to settle the orders. also you can follow spro steps.

As you have already found out the orders type that allow to settle you can use it and advice to use it by business.

actually Different order types serves different purposes facilitating businesses to analyze its different requirements exclusively. 

Regarding cross company settlement i'm not sure. but I believe the system will allow to post to different cost centers of different company if you have multiple company codes assigned to a single controlling area and relevant configuration are done.

Best Regards,

Azar