cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect BO to ABAP Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to build a report out of the standard ABAP Function BAPI_AR_ACC_GETOPENITEMS (Function Group: 3007)

I'm able to create the connection on Information Design Tool, and I'm able to add the table to the Data Foundation

When I run the BAPI in SAP Logon, I'm only asked to fill 3 fields (company code, customer and date)

But when I try to make a query on IDT from the selected table (BAPI_AR_ACC_GETOPENITEMS.-EXPORT_CH_LINEITEMS) I'm asked to fill dozens of columns. And almost all of them are mandatory

I was told that this ABAP Function is somehow connected to a structure (sorry, I dont have a lot of experience in SAP ERP), and all those columns belong to that structure.

My question is, if I want to get some data from this ABAP function on IDT, do I have to fill all those mandatory import columns?

Is there a way to do that without filling all of that? I can't understand why if I go througt SE38 in SAP ERP I just have to fill 3 fields, and on IDT I have to fill dozens of mandatory columns.

Thanks in advance,

José Queiroga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

based on the screenshot it looks like those are all input parameters  - yes, but perhaps it is not the correct "export" item and you should be using the line item above.

That is something you wanna clarify with the person that knows those ABAP functions.

Also - ABAP Functions are perhaps not the best source for reporting, especially not for IDT.

Perhaps you wanna look at the option to use an classic InfoSet without any parameters

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

Answers (0)