cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will RWD 5.2 work on Windows 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are currently upgrading the OS to Windows 2008 R2 and i first need to know which version of RWD will run on Windows 2008 R2.

We are currently on RWD 4.32

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi keletso,

The application as such, InfoPak, is not fully tested to be working under OS: windows server.

If you prefer to install InfoPak under windows server, InfoPak 5.94 would be the best choice . Please see <http://service.sap.com/pam> for more details.

Regards,
hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herman,

on Pam under 5.90, it doesn' show 5.94 it shows the below:

WIN 2000 PROF. (Maintained until 7/13/2010)

WIN XP 2002 PROF. 32-BIT (Maintained 12/31/2008)

WIN XP 2002 HOME 32-BIT (Maintained 12/31/2006).

I'm quite confused now .

Regards,

keletso

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Keletso, the issue is that the product itself is old. I did check some internal data and the product is working well with Xp and Vista. The product is not tested with Widows 2008 yet as i stated, but you should most likely not face any issues; but officially it is not fully supported.

Regards,
Hemanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For uPerform 5.2, yes.

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32- or 64-bit), R2 SP1 (64-bit); , Windows Server 2012 or R2. you should refer to the technical specifications for uPerform .

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Keletso, are you faciung any particular issues with the setup or is it working fine now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I haven't installed it yet, i wanted to know if it would after i upgrade my OS. ACILE got back to me and said it will work. So thank you also for your Insight

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That’s great news. Please do keep us posted incase of any issues.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP AGS
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

We did a backup and restore of a RWD system we have , as i had said earlier we are planning an upgrage of the OS's so i was given a Sandbox to first Install the 4.32 we have , then ugrade it to 5.2 .

I'm running into some problems. Because we did a Backup and Restore , when installing uPerform on the App Server i'm using an Existing DB (i did not install the System initially so i do not know the DB User passwords), i added our ADM user to the uPerformServer & Glossary DB's but the User doesn't want to connect to the Database when i'm installing (the connection test fails).

There are two users on the Existing Database Install_admin & RWDAdmin , but i don't know their passwords , and i tried changing them using an Alter syntax but failed. i'm kinda stuck now .

I think if i could change the User passwords and try connecting with them ....

Please find time to assist.

Kind Regards,

Keletso