cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPM Email Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement, were I have to send an email notification to the Potential owner.

I am aware that, by checking the Notification option at task level email will be sent.

However, my requirement is, I have to send an Email containing Consumer Portal URL and not the direct link to the task.

This is to make sure user login via portal to work on his UWL task. Kindly let me know how I can know the Consumer Portal URL from BPM.

Both Producer (BPM System)and Consumer(Enterprise Portal) Portals are on CE 7.3.

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Is there a reason the standard configuration for a consumer portal isn't satisfactory? Under Java System Properties you can set http.baseurl and http.consumerbaseurl to control the hostname and port that are provided in notification emails and in UWL. With proper configuration of the provider and consumer portal this results in users getting a link to the consumer portal and then the login occurs at the consumer as you wish.

See: Configuring Mail, Notification Messages, and Forms Services - Configuring Business Process Managemen... and related links.

The properties are maintained at Applications / tc~bpem~base~ear. This is the standard way that BPM 'knows' the URL of the consumer. No EJB required....

regards, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you.

I am aware of this configuration. If I use this approach I will get desired URL's, however, the BPM framwork will address the task owner in email as "Dear Recepient" or "Dear Potential owner". I have to display the task owners name like "Dear Nick".

So was looking for any alternative to get the consumer URL in "Notification" activity.

Regards,

Pavan

amith808403
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Create an EJB function to get Host name(Hard code your consumer url for testing ) .

At Task level Click on User Text create custom variables assign Newly Created EJB function(Hard Coded URL),it will send Custom Notification mail to users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

Thank you for replying.

Please tell me how can I get the consumer URL from Producer system via EJB.

Regards,

Pavan