SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS activation from Fiscal Year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are wroking on ECC 6 EHp4 and implementing only the BCS part of funds management. We are going live 1st Apr 2015.

Now as our testing was to happen only in 2014 that is till 31st mar 2015, while activating the BCS , I had given the fiscal year start as 2014. I have tested all the transaction in 2014. I have not carried this request to production system.

Now I want to go live from 1st Apr 2015, so I have changed the fiscal year start from 2014 to 2015 and a new request is generated. Now can I transport this new request to production and it will start restricting the expesens from 1st Apr 2015?  I do not want FM to hamper entries for 2014 that is entries which will be posted in the system with posting date on or before 31st mar 2015, .

Secondly I have also not tranported the request to "Activate Funds Management" to production. I had transported all other reuqests and I have created my master data , for CI and FC. And now I will trasnport the request for setting the fiscal year to 2015 and the activation of FM request.

Which request shall I import first?

Regards

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what your doubt is. Order of transports is important only when the same object is included in transport requests. In your case, everything is treated separately, so order is insignificant.

Unless, I failed to understand your situation...

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what your doubt is. Order of transports is important only when the same object is included in transport requests. In your case, everything is treated separately, so order is insignificant.

Unless, I failed to understand your situation...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli, sorry for confusion, will reword...

I have changed the start fiscal year date to 2015 and generated separate request. This request I will be taking to producion. The eariler request wherein I have activated Fm for 2014 will be up to quality only.

By any chance will there be any impact of earlier request on my production? with my new request, I want system not  to stop me for Mar 15 posting date entries, but when the posting date is after Mar 15, it must.. I am some what worried..

Regards

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should manage it via FMIR (for FM) or posting periods via OB52 (for FI). Customization of BCS activation should not be used a control of transactions passed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

Sorry but I couldnot get you.

I am getting AVC error for transactions getting posted in 2014. How do I avoid that through FMIR or OB52?

Please guide..

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, you don't want to post in 2014, don't you? Then, just block the periods...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

I have activated FM from Financial year 2015 that is from 1st Apr 2015. Now we are still closing our books for 2014 and there are entries getting posted for the financial year 2014.

My understanding was if I activate FM from Fiscal year 2015, it will not stop me for the want of

budget for entries getting posted in 2014.

But the issue I am facing is, when user is posting the entry in financial year 2014 that is with posting date 31st March 2015, still user is geting error for "Budget Exceeded" That will be big problem, as there are lots of entries needs to be posted for the year 2014.

How do I resolve this...? Please Guide...

Regards

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FM is not activated from a year. What activated is BCS module, which has no link/impact to postings of actuals/commitments. If you still have postings to do in 2014, while you don't have any budget to cover it, you can activate AVC (IMG Define Activation of Availability Control) as from year 2015 only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli ,

Relieved ...

But in "Define Activation of Availability Control" it is not allowing me to change "From Fiscal Year". do I need to delete that entry and create new one with "2015"

Thanks a million....

Shailesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is better to change the logic to 'Activate without availability checks' as from 2014 and introduce new entry with 'Activate with usual logic' as from 2015..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton ... Its done...

Shailesh