Did you mean: 

Profit center substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the scenario.

Cycle count adjustment entry:

Line item 1 Debit Cycle count adjustment (P&La/c)     XXX

Line item 2 Credit Inventory a/c (Balance sheet a/c)    XXX

Line item 1 derives its profit center from the cost center that is assigned in OKB9 for the account

since this cost center is a general cost center, there is no profit center assigned to it

Therefore the posting of line item 1 hits the dummy profit center

Line item 2 derives its profit center from the material master and therefore it has a proper profit center in its posting.

I want Line item 1 to derive its profit center based on material master and not based on the cost center which is there in OKB9

Tried substitution rule using OBBH but it doesn't go beyond FI tables for me to pick MARC-PRCTR

Would appreciate some help here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Define account assignment for the cost element with the combination of valuation area, cost centre and profit centre. Here valuation area is the plant which is maintained in MM.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

If you are talking about physical stock verification of stock then I would think you are referring about transaction code - MI07.

I think in this case,  the accounting entry you are expecting is:

Inventory differences – G/L

GBB

INV

S

Raw material

BSX

H

Your Inventory differences - GL is a P/L Account and this should derive the account following automatic account determination - Account Key GBB, In normal course it can not pick up the material master profit center in your P/L Account due to the fact that there is no trace avaialble for your material master for your P/L Line.

This needs to be a complex exit and also you need to take care of your splitting in case you are in new GL.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish