cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Reconciliation (ICR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I  am planning to implement SAP R/3 ICR process. While trying to understand feasibility of this I am stuck with one question.

ICR works on Customer/Vendor Trading partner field populated FI documents only . If this field is populated BSIS/BSIK tables contain trading partner field populated for such customers/vendors. This helps SPL of ICR to infer its a inter-company document and system then pulls it in ICR db for further processing.

However my client has only 40% of customer/vendor populated with this field data. They have their own logic to infer inter company customer/vendor.

Because of this out of 1M inter company documents in BSIS/BSIK tables only 40K has trading partner field populated rest have this field blank.

Would like to know if I update master data for vendor/customer before ICR implementation is this sufficient or we need to update trading partner field data in bsis/bsik for rest 60K inter company code documents to get pulled and processed in my ICR system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gagan,

ICR data selection actually does exactly what you're looking for as part of the standard logic. It doesn't rely on the information in the index tables but instead reads all customer / vendor accounts where a partner is currently assigned and selects all open items for those accounts.

It then adds this information to the index table information before it is transferred to ICR.

HTH,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ralph. This answers my question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

I am very new to ICR concepts. I am asking very silly question. I request your pardon at the very inception.

My question is : What is the need of an ICR solution?

We have concepts like cross company postings (if both companies are on same system), and IDOC/ALE (if on different systems) that ensures that intercompany balances between customers and vendors always remain reconciled all the time. My question is what is the need of an ICR program when SAP ensures this reconciliation automatically. If Cross company and IDOC/ALE systems are designed correctly (never to fail) then we never have a situation of Intercompany Customer/Vendor balances not tallying. And if ever there is a failure, the failure is caught on the same day instead of waiting till month end. Am I missing something. Are there any other angle of thought (like elimination etc...) which I am ignoring.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. Its just a read only mode reporting tool.

Answer to your question lies in your question itself. You mentioned never fails , always. But sometimes things do fail and go un noticed in real life.

Regarding daily reporting it all depends on data volume of company and their recon steps for month and day. Mostly data is so large among cross company in some cases and docs are cleared and uncleared most of the times during manual payment and all which adds more complexity making it difficult to track,

ICR during month end closing is considered to be among top 3 time consuming activity. so SAP and BI ICR tools were created to make life simple.

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

If you have a scenario where posting of all involved documents is fully automated throughout the entire corporate group's system landscape then you are correct that there "shouldn't" be any differences.

The problem is that in real life you don't usually have that kind of luxury. You will have a heterogeneous system landscape and depending on the "powers" within the corporate group some companies may flat out refuse having payables items posted in their system just because someone else in the corporate group posted a receivables item.

Even without the system making the postings in all relevant companies for you, theoretically you don't need to reconcile - as long as everyone involved posts exactly what they are supposed to as outlined by the corporate group's guidelines for intercompany transactions and nobody makes any mistakes when posting the invoices 

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph ,

Are you aware of any SAP application/fiori app where users can enter cross company data and approves can approve the same post which it gets posted in system  as IC doc?

In my opinion it will require custom development only in UI5 , would like you opinion on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.