cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC. HOW TO SORT THE BASED MEMBERS ALONE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to order the based members of a dimension by description but when I used the funtion EPMMemberSortingOverride the pathenth and the based members are ordered together. I want that the parenth maintains his initial position and the based members are ordered. When I order by ID I don´t have this problem.

I need help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Larua, Did you use the parameter "property" of EPMMemberSortingOverride? You mentioned you have no problem when ordering ID, Can you share what the EPMMemberSortingOverride you wrote looks like both for order by id and description.

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used EPMMemberSortingOverride("000","Dimension", "description") to order by description y I used EPMMemberSortingOverride("000","Dimension", "ID")  to order by ID. When I ordered by ID in the report appeared PARENTH and the ordered childens under and when I ordered by description the report showed the parenth and the childrens together. Do you understand?Do you help me?

Thanks.

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a test in my system. Even though I override the ID by using EPMMemberSortingOverride, the parent and base member are both sorted. Below is the screenshots of my test. Not sure when you use ID, you can only get base member sorted. Can you paste some screenshot of your test? By the way, my epm add-in is SP21.