cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of stock transfer in transit with ICMS - BRAZIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to do a return of a stock transfer that is still in transit.

I followed all steps described in document Stock Transfer Order (STO) with Full or Partial Return of Transit Stock but I am getting an error when doing the GR of the return.

The transfer was made with ICMS and the accounting document have following lines:

11501001Estoque de Mercadori14.503,84-
11501001Estoque de Mercadori14.503,84
11305002ICMS a Recuperar - E2.970,67
21401003ICMS a Recolher2.970,67-

When doing the return, system should return stock value to the original issuing plant AND send de ICMS value to another account different than TAXES IN TRANSIT and it is not working while I am getting this error:

Balance not zero: 2.970,67 debit: 17.474,51 credit: 14.503,84

Can anyone please help me with this error?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ewhoku
Explorer
0 Kudos

Diogo,

It happened to me few times, for those specific cases I had to use a tax code with ICMS condition activated for both Goods Issue Tax Code and Goods receipt tax Code, otherwise this "Balance Difference" occurs.

Which Tax Code are mainly considering for this Return?

On J1BTAX transaction go to Tax Codes MM; check the tax code used for transfer and confirm that those tax codes used on columns TC at GR and SD TC have ICMS condition activated. Usually ICM3 for GI and ICM1 for GR.

I hope it helps,

Eduardo Oku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eduardo, thanks for response.

In the return I am using the same tax code that was used at the original transfer.

For the GI was used a tax code in SD that is flagged with ICMS.

For the GR was used a tax code in MM that is flagged with ICM1.

The tax code that assign one to another is flagged with ICM3.

Thanks

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can please share message number ...

I was not seen this error before in GR. Can you share screen shots.

Can you please let me know which movement type you are using and how you  doing in sap ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

After do all steps to transfer the material, I am creating a new PO with the item marked as return item.

Then I created a delivery in transaction VL10B and I am trying to do the GR against this delivery. All steps are described in the document mentioned in original thread.

Message number is M7 050

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seems that the the dfference id due to tax amount  , can you check if you have not changed tax code  in the PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal, while doing PO for STO the field TAX CODE is not available to be filled since it is determined in the delivery.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per your initial messge i can see the difference amount is for tax only , in original posting GRN the Tax amount is present , but in reversal its not picking up.

i think you should dig more over the tax amount determination.

something related to tax must have changed which is causing this issue.

Thanks

Kunal

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are getting the error at the time of doing GR of the return. Have you tried to search for the error in SCN ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patra.

My error is at GR of the return. I searched all forum for this error but couldn't find anything for my scenario.