cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear in Other Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using BPC 10 microsoft version with SQL Server 2008, we are having a requirement where we need to clear the data in Finance application while logged in into Headcount application, I know its not possible to call a package of different model while not logged in that model.

Can this be achievable with help of any logic instructions e.g. *RUNALLOCATION or *DESTINATION_APP

Please Advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

yes you can use *CLEAR_DESTINATION and *DESTINATION_MODEL

*CLEAR_DESTINATION

*DESTINATION_MODEL = FINANCE

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your reply, Is there any example of *CLEAR_DESTINATION used with *DESTINATION_MODEL which I can refer.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I don't remember doc\blogs about it, for thread just search with this two instructions you will probably find something using old name *Destination_app in search, but the sintax it's very simple:

*CLEAR_DESTINATION

*DESTINATION_MODEL = <model name>

followed by the syntax requirements for *DESTINATION_MODEL (*skip_dim, *add_dim, etc., i give you the link above, and after the *when conditions to filter the data to clear (see please the other link).

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I have tried creating below logic for clearing the data in Finance model while logged in HCM model, first I have used the instruction "*DESTINATION_MODEL" to point the logic to Finance model then I have used "*Select" to select TimeId's based on Forecast category, then I have used "*MEMBERSET" to have the list of Accounts (Account dimension is in Finance Model), At last I have used "*CLEAR_DESTINATION" and passed Time, Category and Account as "*DESTINATION" dimensions for clear.

Please let me know is this logic correct?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

*DESTINATION_MODEL = Finance

*SKIP_DIM= Empl_Cat,EMPL_TYPE,Employee,Job_Grade,Location,Position_HCM

*RENAME_DIM Account_HCM=Account,Version=Category,DataSrc_HCM=DataSrc,Cost_Center_E=Org,Currency=RptCurrency

*SELECT (%TIMEIDS%,ID,TIME,CALC='N' AND HIR='H1' AND CLSD<>'Y' AND YEAR IN (SELECT [YEAR] FROM mbrCATEGORY WHERE ID='FORECAST'))

*MEMBERSET(%ACCOUNTS%,"DESCENDANTS([ACCOUNT].[TOTAL_SALARY],999,LEAVES)")

*CLEAR_DESTINATION

*DESTINATION TIMEDIM=%TIMEIDS%

*DESTINATION CATEGORYDIM=FORECAST

*DESTINATION ACCOUNTDIM=%ACCOUNTS%

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

maybe it works too, but destination_model should be inside the clear_destination.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Can you please let me know how should I adjust the above code if need to write destination_model inside the clear_destination.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I have tried both ways:

1. destination_model inside the clear_destination (1st code below)

2. clear_destination inside destination_model (2nd code below)

In both the cases it is giving error as Account Dimension is invalid in code "The dimension '[ACCOUNT]' was not found in the cube when the string, [ACCOUNT].[TOTAL_SALARY], was parsed.". It might be because code is in HCM and Account dimension exist in Finance model.

Is there any example of *Clear Destination and *Destination Model used with each other?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

destination_model inside the clear_destination

*INCLUDE SYSTEM_CONSTANTS.LGL

*CLEAR_DESTINATION

*RENAME_DIM Account_HCM=Account,Version=Category,DataSrc_HCM=DataSrc,Cost_Center_E=Org,Currency=RptCurrency

*SELECT (%TIMEIDS%,ID,TIME,CALC='N' AND HIR='H1' AND CLSD<>'Y' AND YEAR IN (SELECT [YEAR] FROM mbrCATEGORY WHERE ID='FORECAST'))

clear_destination inside destination_model

*INCLUDE SYSTEM_CONSTANTS.LGL

*RENAME_DIM

Account_HCM=Account,Version=Category,DataSrc_HCM=DataSrc,Cost_Center_E=Org,Currency=RptCurrency

*CLEAR_DESTINATION