cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Data same for Reference Personnel Numbers IT31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When I try to create a reference personnel number IT for the spouse of a deceased employee it is copying the personal data info from the 2nd pernr to the first and vice versa. This is causing a problem. We have other pernrs where the reference personnel number does not cause a problem and where both the deceased employee and the surviving spouse have their own separate info maintained in IT2. Your speedy info would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Eva_1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

reference person is actually designed to attach the same person with different personnel numbers!

So if you have an employee with different personnel numbers (for organizational reasons) you don't have to fill the relevant infotypes over and over but you can take over from the previous personnel number.

If an infotype is copied between the different personnel numbers connected via IT31 is defined in the table T582A field CPRFN copy infotype. Please see the documentation.

Family members can be maintained in IT0021.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

Thank you for your response. The pernrs are not of the same person. We link the PERNRs because it is the spouse of the deceased employee and we use the pernr for benefits purposes. We have PERNRs in the system where Personal Data info is different for two linked pernrs, but then we also have pernrs that have the same info in Personal Data as it gets copied as soon as we attach a reference PERNR. I would like to understand why there is a change in behavior? If IT31 copies data from one pernr to another then all pernrs must have the same names, but they don't. Your insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Anthony

Eva_1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

not sure if you are still checking it (I was on Easter holiday). Good question! First of all I would check if you use the new or the old infotype framework by checking the CCURE switches in T77S0 (CCURE/PC_UI, MAINS or GLEMP).

E