Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota Arrangements for vendors requiring different GR processing times

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been trialling dual sourcing of a material with two vendors and have been able to generate purchasing requirements from each with the correct quantiity split and also with the relevant Planned Delivery Time for each from their respective Purchasing Information Records.

My question is though, if one of these vendors is local and therefore only requires 2 days of goods receipt time and yet the other is offshore and requires 10 days goods receipt time, where can I set this so that MRP will generate purchase reqs. with the correct GR Time for each vendor...?

As far as I know, I can only set a figure for the GR time in the master data for the material and not for a specific vendor.

Any help appreciated.

Darrell.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell

There is a goods receipt processing time field on a purchasing info record or contract document which can be vendor specific.

Regards

Robyn

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the reply.  I've never seen GR processing time in a PIR.  If you could tell me where it's hiding, I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Darrell.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Darrell

You are spot on, it's not there.  It's definitely there on a contract and I assumed the PIR would be the same.  You may have to use a contract document to get the results you need.

In the past I have used BAdI  ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST to set the GR processing time a purchase order when the material master data wasn't specific enough.  That might be another option for you.

Regards

Robyn

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Robyn,

I've tried setting up a couple of contract documents with the relevant GR times in however, I couldn't get them to transfer to the P.Reqs when MRP is run on the item.

Any other ideas...?

Cheers

Darrell.

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's definitely possible because I've had issues in the past where users don't bother to populate the planned delivery and GR processing times in the contract and MRP uses zero instead of the values maintained in the material master.

There is an indicator in configuration at plant level that you could try, it's description suggests it only affects planned delivery time but I have a feeling it affects both values.  It's under the External Procurement button in the "Carry Out Overall Maintenance of Plant Parameters".

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Robyn,

I did a bit more expeerimentation and once I entered the Contract Agreeement number in the Source list, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks very much for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI In ME11 you will find the GR processing time , where you enter net price and standard QTY check there you will find thanks

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

I think you'll find that that is the planned delivery time.  I need the Goods Reciept Processing time.

Thanks anyway.