cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open hyperlink error in crystal report 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I add email address hyperlink to text field. After that  when i am selected on that text field in preview tab ,its showing unable to open hyperlink error.

Thanks in advance,

A. Kavya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor

Hi,

Could you explain what are you trying to do on click of the email ID field?

Normally, a hyperlink is used to open another rpt file or document which has data related to the field on which hyperlink is added.

Please explain more.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

right click on email id field , I have selected format field . In that i have selected hyperlink tab. In that i have selected "an email address hyperlink type". But in preview i am getting error

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, you want to send email using the email address available under email id field?

Try this:

Click on X+2 formula field against "E-mail Address" field under "Format Field --> Hyperlink --> An E-mail address" and write below content:

"mailto:"&{Your database field for email id} // Replace {Your database field for email id} with actual database field for email id.

This allows you to open outlook or default email client with to email address as the value under your email id field, so that you can create email content and send it.

Check below link for more information:

How Do I Modify the Email Hyperlink in Crystal Reports?

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

I tried that one. But it showing same error. Hyperlink is working with an image. Its opening another link.

But not working with text field. And also I tried hyperlink an email address using access/excel database connection. I saved that file "filename.csv". Eventhough I am getting same error.

Thanks in Advance,

A. kavya

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's still not very clear what exactly you are trying to do on click of email id field.

Are you trying to open an csv file or you want to send an email?

Please elaborate more on what you are trying to achieve using the hyperlink option.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. I want to send an email. When i click an email id field , its not opening outlook .

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me what is your formula content under X+2 if you are trying to send an email?

As I said earlier, once you provide the details under X+2 formula content, on click of email id field, you will be navigated to outlook or default email client, so that you can continue with email edit.

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Navigated to Outlook.

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didn't share what content you have written under X+2 which is throwing the error for you.

Like I posted earlier, if you provide mailto:"&{Your database field for email id}, it should take you to outlook.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP Crystal Reports. Please resolve this issue.

Thanks ,

A. Kavya

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the second screenshot where you have included "Hyperlink_csv.Email Id" field, modify it as below:

"mailto:"& {Hyperlink_csv.Email Id} //Replace {Hyperlink_csv.Email Id} with actual database field by double clicking on it from "Report Fields" if that's throwing error.

Click on X+2 in that screen and save it if it's not throwing any error.

Now, if you refresh the report again, the email id field should be a hyperlink field and on click of it, it should take you to Outlook client.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Really Thank you. Now its working. Its navigate to outlook.

Thanks,

A.kavya

Answers (0)